No urates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teabug

My beardie is on day 5 of not pooping. The last time she defecated, there was no white urates, just poop. Could this be part of the problem?

I've been getting a lot of help from a moderator on her for the pooping issue. (Thanks, Diane!) But I just remembered about the lack of urates.

How old is your dragon? a little over a year
How long have you had your dragon? 2 months
How long is your dragon? 16 inches approx.
What is the sex of your dragon? female
What size enclosure do you have your dragon in? 40 gallon breeder
What type substrate do you have on the bottom of your tank? porcelain tile
Do you use UVB lights? Yes
If so, Is it a coil, compact, fluorescent tube, or Mercury Vapor bulb? Tube
What is the brand name and number of your bulb? Wattage (if MVB)? Reptisun 10.0
How old is your UVB bulb? 2 months
How close can your dragon get to the UVB? 7"
Do you use a separate basking bulb? What kind and what is the wattage? Is it a white or colored bulb? White halogen bulb, 150 w
Do you have any type of night time heat source? no but our house is 68 degrees
How long are lights on each day? 12 hours
What are the basking temps? 101f
What is the cool side temp? 88f
What is the night time temp? 68f
Do you take the temps with a stick on thermometer, a digital thermometer with a wire and a probe end or a temp gun? temp gun
Where exactly are you taking your basking temps? On the surface of the driftwood
Do you use a heat rock or heat pad? No
What do you feed your dragon? Please be specific. switch each week between large crickets and large phoenix worms. different greens every week. (mustard greens, chicory, turnip greens, collards.) carrot or apple bits occasionally.
How often do you feed and what time do you feed (morning, afternoon, night)? Live food usually around 9:30 am, fresh salad all day.
Do you gutload (feed) your crickets, worms, etc? Yes
Do you use vitamin or calcium supplements? What brand(s)? How many days a week do you use each of them? Rep-Cal calcium with D and Herpevite. Crickets get calcium dusted 5 days a week, vitamins 2. Phoenix worms get dusted twice a week with calcium and 1 with vitamins.
Is your dragon having regular bowel movements (poops)? no.
Do you bathe your dragon? How often? Every day since this started. Usually every other day.
Do you mist your dragon or offer water other than in the bath? Only mist her salad. She doesn't drink from a bowl.
Have you gotten a vet check and fecal done? No
Does your dragon share an enclosure with another dragon? No

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maryjane91383
Top Bottom