Skittish baby beardie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OpalAndZayde

Hatchling Member
Hello! I recently got a fancy baby bearded dragon from Pet Supplies Plus in our local area I think she's 4 months and she is 7 1/2 inches. (Oct 13) she was so sweet and loved to be held.. until a week later, she tries to run when I pick her up, and she jumps off of my hand onto the floor. She eats fine. And sometimes eats insects off from my hand, but she just doesn't really want to be handled much! I'm really worried as I want her to bond with me.. She has gotten a tiny bit better about being held, but won't let me run my finger down her back or anything.
102727-573054357.jpg
102727-7084107124.jpg
102727-7980420850.jpg
102727-7414246592.jpg
I added a large hide and another hammock, and she has a T8 UVB bulb now. What can I do to make her more tame? :blob8:

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
beardeddragonnewbie":21rkdy8h said:
I think she's 4 months and she is 7 1/2 inches.
Mine was 7½" at 2 months (8 weeks) but individuals do grow at different rates.
Individuals also develop at different rates.

Speaking in generalities (and an analogy), puppies cling to their alphas at 8-10 weeks and train up in a snap, then at 12-16 weeks or longer, (try to) ignore their alphas, and training becomes more... involved. For this reason, I don't know of any quick/easy answers/fixes.

Your baby is beginning to come into her own (more fun & games yet to come!) :lol:
Read some articles, watch some videos, take notes, have patience, and stick with it. She'll come around.

taming your bearded dragon

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please move the T 8 inside the tank - it needs to be 6-8 inches from basking spot w/ the bulb exposed --- the screen is blocking 30% of those rays --- also hes gonna be that way for a while I am still working w/ my 5 month old --- it is going to take time and patience -- just keep putting your hand in the tank approach from the side not above and hand feed him --- eventually he will come around but like I said its going to take time
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom