Lilly and Lyla

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally got my new baby today! She has done great so far. Other than a dark belly she has shown no signs of relocation stress. At 6 months and 104 gm, she ate a meal that would have rivaled my boyfriends 10 month old, 314 gm dragon. She had hornworms, butterworms, and crickets. We actually had to cut her off on cricket because I stupidly bought some that were way to big (we picked out the littlest ones). I have already taken several pictures so I just have to share. I will be updating this post periodically with more pictures and stories. (I have to add my funny cricket story here. Yesterday I went to feeder's supply to get crickets because I won't be able to get bulk until monday. A girl in her 20s or so was helping me. She had jeans on with torn knees. As she was almost done with my crickets she says "Oh my gosh". "What?" I asked. "A cricket just crawled into my pants." She hurried off to go take care of it and another worker came to finish my cricket order. I found it hilarious).
On to pictures:
Basking
DSC_0758.jpg

Setup
DSC_0759.jpg

Close-up
DSC_0757.jpg

Mommy tried to get a picture of me as a burrito but wasn't fast enough
DSC_0755.jpg

One more basking shot
DSC_0756.jpg

Would have been a great bath pic if mommy paid attention to the focus
DSC_0754.jpg

Whole body bath shot
DSC_0753.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Sara

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
What a beautiful baby! :D She looks so red in her bath shots. Watch out, she's going to be breaking boy dragon hearts all along. Look forward to more picts. :blob8: :blob5:

Sandy h

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
She's adorable! I would watch her carefully, though. It seems to me, in that one pic that she likes to look around and will be a fast explorer. Our two girls are that way. My husband had trouble finding Zoom Zoom this afternoon in our bedroom because she decided she wanted to explore the whole room, bathroom included.

TheDragonHut

Hatchling Member
Hi Sara,
I'm so glad you like her:) She looks like she is going to settle in just fine. She has always been a great eater. She has such a cute chubby belly on her :)

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
She's a flamer with those pretty red colors!!! You can just see the mischeviousness in her eyes

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thank you all for the compliments! She seems to be an amazing little dragon. Today she was very content to sit on my hand while I moved everything from her viv to find a worm that had gotten under the paper towel (temporary until I can get tile). She watches my every move when I am in the room. I get puffed at if I move too fast. She is from http://www.thedragonhut.com and I would highly recommend them! So far she has not been any trouble (other than climbing out of her feeding bin), but I will definitely watch her closely. I promise to post more pictures soon!
Sara

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Okay, more pictures, as promised!

Out exploring for the first time. The white really brings out her colors.
DSC_07592.jpg

"Let's play hide-and-seek" (don't worry, she wasn't stuck)
DSC_0761.jpg

You found me!
DSC_0763.jpg

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
If I'm not mistaken weren't you just told no noming the babies on another post? I think this goes for juvies too lol. :D However I will definitely take that as a compliment! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RudeGurl
Top Bottom