Leviathan and Enki!!!!!!!! *Levi's first full black beard!!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

RowenJade

Juvie Member
Hello everyone...
As some of you may have seen I just lost a beardie on new years eve. I was away, picked the best person I thought to take care of my baby girls Tiamat and Fafnir, and her roomates cat got into the room, broke into both of their cages, attacked and killed my sweet baby girl Fafnir.

I was and am still very heartbroken...I still am crying over it.

The most sad thing too is that my husband and I were building them new cages because I just think a 40 gallon for an adult is too small. Fafnir was going to get her's first because she was bigger, and I had just ordered the reptisun bulb and all decor from petmountain the night i found out she was killed. :cry: :cry:

I buried my dear Fafnir behind my mom's house (because I move all the time). She saw how emotional I was and when I got home I was on TND Dragon's site. I got her text saying she would give me the money to get a new one and I really appreciate how she would drop the money on an expensive lizard that I'm sure she can't relate with my passion about them but just knowing how much Fafnir and Tiamat mean to me.

I had been talking to Tom from TND dragons about a new baby and he sent me some pictures on the ones he had. I really wanted a male (NOT to breed, just because I've been reading up on infertile egg laying...and yea I'd rather only deal with Tiamat on that one lol) Me and my hubby decided on a cute little male and hes just adorable!!! I paid for him via paypal, but I still haven't gone to pick him up yet as I am waiting for my shipment of husbandry to arrive but if it does this week I will drive to Philly (from north jersey) to get him this weekend ^_^ I'm so excited even thru the pain of losing my baby :cry:

Anyway...this is the picture Tom took of him and I can't wait to meet my little pooper in person :D
babyA.jpg

Any ideas on names? ...I have a final fantasy theme going with my dragons. My husband and I met on final fantasy 11 and heh, well we'd like to have them both named after dragons on there, tho I don't think he looks like a Bahamut, Shinryu or any of the others my hubby mentioned. He's to cute to have such a powerful name :p Maybe Seiryu? I'm not sure. He's just so cute I'm out of ideas lol.

Oh, and thank you to Tom who has been super helpful in sending me pics of them all, sexing my beardie, and for holding him for another week till the cage is done!!! Really helps motivate us to finish the cage knowing it's going to be occupied still...otherwise I'd just be moping looking at the empty cage. Thank you!!~

Grogshla

Juvie Member
im a sorry to hear of your loss.
Free the pain and remember your dragon with a fond heart.
Your new dragon is gorgeous and i hope you and him/her have a great friendship

RowenJade

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I was thinking Moogle lol. Its a really cute final fantasy creature...but I had a netherland dwarf bunny names Moogleez so idk its very similar...might just have to make an exception in this case lol. Pooper is one of my nicknames for Tiamat and probably end up being both of their nick names lol.

This was Moogleez (off topic I know but I think my new pooper is just as adorable I just gush at their cuteness lol)

moogleez.jpg

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
BTW: I'm glad you are getting a new one. I think that's a good idea that you are getting another one. They help us by loving us unconditionally.

I'm sorry about the one you lost, I do know how you feel. Eventually you will get to the point where you will remember your lost one with good memories and be thankful for your new 'cutie-pie'.

RowenJade

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks for all your kind words...you guys on here make me smile and are a comfort to know that someone else feels the same loss over a reptile that some would feel over a dog.

Fafnir was a very happy lizard, she loved to run around, get baths and beardie burritos, and she loved hornworms so much she was killing the bank cuz I had to give them to her often she just gobbled them up within 5 seconds, after licking her lips. She used to gape all the time which looked like smiling and I have so many pictures of her smiling on my phone. She's still my back ground. I wish I could get that picture off my phone but I've dropped it so many times it's not sending pictures. She will always be remembered with love and I think she was happier with us at least then suffering with an eye infection in petco. I only hope with all my heart she didn't suffer very much. :(

Oh, and by the way. I can not emphasize this enough...I will never again go on vacation unless they're coming too!! No one takes care of your babies like you would and this has just proven it to me. So much for the second honeymoon lol :|

athenacp

Extreme Poster
I am sorry for your loss but happy that you are getting a new popper, especially one from Tom, that's where I will go to get mine as the hubby does not want one mailed, I am also trying to get the hubby to let us get another one as Digger will be 8 years old this month, but he does not want to deal with a baby beardie or have 2 at the same time, sigh; we had gotten Digger when he was a year old, all he wants is a sub-adult.

Maybe when you meet your new buddy in person the name will come easier!

RowenJade

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well, ITS FINISHED!!!!! :D

cage.jpg

Tom, I hope your pooper likes his new diggs :D

My only problem...is it completely BLINDS me to look at!! Is there a shade I can buy for a flood light??OMG lol. If I don't find one I'll be blind in a couple months cuz when I'm home I'm either playing with Tiamat or watching her :lol:

I can't wait till my pet mountain order arrives!!!! Will post more pics of it then :D

RowenJade

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Just realized this picture is of my baby too :D

IMG_6492.jpg

Aren't his markings beautiful?? And that face :D

We might be getting his sister as well but well see when we go take a look at them :)

RowenJade

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Lol I was thinking about that. I already had a fish names Leviathan but I think I am going to copy the name for once as that was years ago anyways :roll: So it's settled!!!!! :D

WesOzzy

Hatchling Member
Haha! Great name choice ;P
Make sure to put up pics when you get him!
I'm just after realizing that my little guy has been playing me for a fool! :eek:
I've been dropping crickets right in front of him into his tank and he's been eating them.. about 20 a day, but when I put them farther away he ignores them.
So after reading a suggestion on here I put some crickets into his tank and hid myself away. Next thing I see him leaping and bounding about his tank munching up cricket after cricket...
Not only that but I employed this same tactic with his veggies and spied him gobbling them up when he thought I wasn't watching as well :eek:
And I've been worrying about him not eating... -.-

RowenJade

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Aww yea they can be so tricky like that :lol:

We're going to get himand one other one from Tom this weekend. Most likely going to be his sister that he has left but no pics of her yet :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom