Status
Not open for further replies.

Killzone3265

Juvie Member
Bearded_dragon_Jons_409x307.JPG

albinos seem pretty rare

LLLReptile

Juvie Member
In the states, albinos are rare. As far as I can tell, they're rare everywhere. SandFire Dragon Ranch has a lil bit to say on the subject: http://www.sandfiredragonranch.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=88

Beyond that, I've never personally seen a jet black or solid blue/purple beardie. Most of the darker colors containing more melanin are less popular, as the selective preference seems to be for less black and more reds, oranges, and yellows. White beardies are out there, too, but not so much in the way of black ones. There's a handful of pics out there of babies, and dark wild types, but nothing really black-black.

-Jen

RuselBro

Juvie Member
The only thing Rare that I would consider, are the Picture's of a Beardie that had White Blotches on it's face and beard and Leg's, and the white was not from shed, it was just like that, and I mean a Bright Orange/Red with Solid White blotches.

Here is a Link with the Picture of it.

http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/lizards/873092-bearded-dragon-morphs.html

And Albino's are Rare as well, but they can't be raised to Adult's, or at least no one has found a way to yet, as Albinos are very sensitive to light, but Bearded Dragon's Need a lot of Bright Light and UVB Light. So there's the problem.

beardieparents7780

Hatchling Member
Albino reptiles,dogs,snakes etc are in fact deformed. They lack vison and susceptible to cancers etc. they lack certain chromosomes. Albino beardies have a especially low mortality rate. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom