Purchasing an under-the-counter fluorescent fixture

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What ever you get if its the T 5 make sure its 12-15 inches from basking - so if your tank is not tall enough to where you get that distance dont put it inside the tank -- you will over UVB him---
Karrie

arcadia1216

Original Poster
Just wanted to post an update pic on the light fixture; we tried attaching it to the underside of the mesh with zip ties, which worked okay until we tried to put the screen top back onto the tank. The force of us maneuvering the lid around to fit into the slots caused the mesh to collapse and the fixture broke loose. Thankfully Dinraal was asleep on the opposite end of the tank :shock:

So then I decided to try 3M command hooks with zip ties and it seems to be working perfectly right now; basically I just looped the tie through the hole and hung it off of the peg, then hung both hooks onto the tank. I'm thinking even though it LOOKS pretty sturdy, I'll probably go buy more hooks tomorrow to put up to evenly distribute the weight of the fixture.

I also measured the length between the light and his perch and it's 11 inches, so I might end up buying him a shorter basking perch. I do have a hammock coming in the mail that could be a perfect basking perch :D

****This may be a dumb question, but with the way my light is set up, what's the maximum area of the light's reach? Is it just going to be directly underneath the light, or is the reach out a couple of inches away from the light beam? If I keep the perch exactly where it's been is he still getting what he needs as far as uvb light is concerned?

full

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom