New enclosure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jsw

Hatchling Member
I didn't do the math. 4x2x2 vs 3x1.5x1.5 is almost ten cubic feet larger. LOL This thing is gigantic!! Even in my fairly large and high ceilings classroom.

89423-2629814004.jpg

I forgot to put the cave in before taking the photo, but here's Scaley's new digs with its college apartment level furniture. I'll add quality stuff as time goes on, but for now he has his turtle cave and some upside down boxes as platforms.

A 75w basking bulb (purple),, and a 150 w CHE on a dinner (green) for night, and a 24" reptisun 10.0 T5HO in a reptisun hood immediately behind them.. The room gets to 59 overnight, so the CHE is essential.

The blue spot hits 130 even without the CHE, but just 3" radius from it, it drops to 100 and gradually moves to 71 on the far right (orange, under black outline of where cave will be)

I had a rubberbacked rug upside down as substrate but to smelled awful and I was concerned about toxic fumes. So he's just on a flat surface for now. Getting tile in a couple of weeks.

Any areas of concern that anyone sees?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That looks pretty good! You might want to add some more shade areas eventually by placing some flat branches/driftwood or similar at angles but the inverted boxes should be OK for now as a hide. Some non adhesive shelf liner might make a good substrate if he has trouble gaining traction and moving around on the bare floor.

Jsw

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks. :)

I ended up putting a towel over the boxes to make them easier to climb, and he seems to enjoy walking around more. I think the rubber mat sounds like a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom