New Hypo Orange Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markyy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Just took a couple pics of the little guy. His tank is littered with the calcium powder and cricket legs LOL. Im going to clean it out before lights out. Hes gotten more orange. He eats really well. About 50-60 crickets a day.

34huicn.png

wwdfmb.png

vylgtv.png

Markyy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So I measured him today and he grew 1 1/4" since last sunday. He was 5.5" last week and today hes 6 3/4". Amazing how fast they grow. I also noticed hes going into another shed. His tale has gotten pale. He was bred for size so lets see how big he gets.

jenn4turtles

Juvie Member
Markyy":qmeb5ndu said:
Any bd is amazing imo. I like his pattern. He seems really calm in water. My guy tries desperately to climb out like hes on fire or climbs up my hand and up my arm lol. I would have never been able to take a pic like that. Hopefully its just a hatchling thing and he phases out of it. Yours is a month older than mine. Mine turned a month old this tuesday that just passed. They look the same size. Would you be able to measure him and see exactly how long he is? Its good you got him so young. I think the younger the better. I got mine at 2 weeks old. When I breed my dragons I'll sell you a orange one for cheap if your still around the forums. But that wont happen for another 18 months LOL.

I tried to measure him this morning, but he wouldn't lay straight! He's between 9 and 10 inches now. He has been steadily growing since we got him (on May 17th). He was supposed to be about a month old then (according to PetSmart employee), so he's about to be two months, give or take a couple weeks.

He doesn't always act so relaxed in water. I bathed him Saturday evening, and he was doing these weird movements, almost like he was trying to swim in circles in the shallow water. The bowl doesn't fit him well anymore, so I need a bigger "bathtub" for him.

jenn4turtles

Juvie Member
To give you an idea of how much he's grown, here's his first bath, roughly taken around May 20, 2014.

This is him, in the same bowl, bathing on June 14th, not quite a month later:

He has grown so much!

Markyy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
jenn4turtles":33c7q4x1 said:
Markyy":33c7q4x1 said:
Any bd is amazing imo. I like his pattern. He seems really calm in water. My guy tries desperately to climb out like hes on fire or climbs up my hand and up my arm lol. I would have never been able to take a pic like that. Hopefully its just a hatchling thing and he phases out of it. Yours is a month older than mine. Mine turned a month old this tuesday that just passed. They look the same size. Would you be able to measure him and see exactly how long he is? Its good you got him so young. I think the younger the better. I got mine at 2 weeks old. When I breed my dragons I'll sell you a orange one for cheap if your still around the forums. But that wont happen for another 18 months LOL.

I tried to measure him this morning, but he wouldn't lay straight! He's between 9 and 10 inches now. He has been steadily growing since we got him (on May 17th). He was supposed to be about a month old then (according to PetSmart employee), so he's about to be two months, give or take a couple weeks.

He doesn't always act so relaxed in water. I bathed him Saturday evening, and he was doing these weird movements, almost like he was trying to swim in circles in the shallow water. The bowl doesn't fit him well anymore, so I need a bigger "bathtub" for him.

You have a cute one. The second pic doesnt show for some reason. Hes bigger than mine thats for sure. I went to petsmart in brooklyn yesterday to get a new 20 gallon tank for my female and they had these 3 beautiful babies. I even saw one leatherback! It was gorgeous I swear I almost bought it. I took a pic. The one to the far right is the leatherback. They all looked really good.

19p1ro.png

jenn4turtles

Juvie Member
Here is the 2nd pic again:

Hopefully, you can see it this time. I moved it into another album on Photobucket, and that may have caused the issue.

Those little ones look so young and tiny! We always check to see what they have when we go, but I'm not planning on a 2nd one!

Markyy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The orange on him looks really good. I'm only getting a 2nd one so i can breed them. I hope your beardie lives a long healthy and happy life :)

Markyy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Finished setting up the other tank for my female. I put them side by side with basking spot on opposite ends. This location is only temp. When I build my Viv's I Will build a stand.

s429uh.jpg

Markyy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
jenn4turtles":1fheaxvv said:
Markyy":1fheaxvv said:
The orange on him looks really good. I'm only getting a 2nd one so i can breed them. I hope your beardie lives a long healthy and happy life :)

Thanks! Yours, too! :D

I just noticed the 2nd pic you posted does show now and its a pic of your cat close up LOL. That just made me laugh. He went from lizard to cat lol.

Markyy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
A pic of him this morning before I left for work. You can tell by looking at his tale that he's going into another shed after just 2 weeks.

1zmjfdj.jpg

jenn4turtles

Juvie Member
Markyy":3m017z4w said:
I just noticed the 2nd pic you posted does show now and its a pic of your cat close up LOL. That just made me laugh. He went from lizard to cat lol.

I see it, too! I don't know what I did .... Maybe copied the wrong link? That's Saint, my youngest of 3 cats. I was drinking a frosty shake and he was trying to look cute, so I would give him some. We just took him to the vet for his annual visit, and he weighs 16.2 pounds! He sure doesn't need any shake!

Markyy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So I purchased my female. She's a orange hypo trans. She's 3 weeks younger than my male and only 1" smaller. She shipped out today and I will be getting her tomorrow. I will post pics of her. Stay tuned.

Markyy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Some new pics. He just got out of another shed 2 days ago. Hes getting big. He doesn't have that baby hatchling face anymore. He is 8" at 7 weeks old.

2vl4ois.jpg

jgqsys.jpg

2eoco6d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiegates
Top Bottom