Can you help this little guy?/Pumpkin NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

contessa20

Hatchling Member
I just happened to come across THIS little guy on Craigslist this morning. Poor thing looks absolutely terrible and freezing cold. If you are near the Broomall area in PA, please consider adopting this guy. It's breaking my heart to even look at him but I know I have absolutely nowhere to put another dragon right now. *sigh*

LizardKat

Hatchling Member
Hi Everybody!
I called and left a message on the man's answering machine. I know a great high school biology teacher who is very interested in adopting a disabled or needy beardie. The high school students in his class have been very interested in learning about proper Beardie care. (The teacher would take the beardie home on weekends and vacations.)

Maybe the Beardie has been sold but I thought I would call and see if he is still available.
Thanks for posting this information.
Kat

LizardKat

Hatchling Member
Hello!! Happy news!! My husband and I are driving down to Pa. this Sunday to pick up our new baby!! The beardie is four years old and is friendly. The man I spoke with is very nice but is not that familiar with beardie care. The beardie belonged to his son who appears to have lost interest in him/her. :cry:

We are thrilled to be adopting this pretty baby! I know that MBD is a possibility as it has been without a light. There is always room for beardies at our home!!

:) Kat,Tazzie and the Clan

contessa20

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8:

OMG I'm so thrilled beyond belief. Thank you so much for taking this guy in. I'm so excited for him. Be sure to post some pics when you get him and when he gets under some good lighting.

athenacp

Extreme Poster
Oh that is awesome! I asked my hubby and he got ornery, sigh, I am very thankful that this poor beardie is going to be taken care of!!!! :blob8:

LizardKat

Hatchling Member
Hi there,
Thanks for all of the nice notes! I am thrilled that we are adopting this angel and bringing him to his forever home. I decided that we will keep him here at home. I originally wanted to find a beardie rescue for the high school biology students but this baby needs be in a home with full time TLC.

I get weepy every time I look at his face in the pictures from Craiglist.
Yes, I will keep everyone posted :lol:
Kat (Tiny Tazzie too!)

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Kat, that is wonderful that you are going to be able to help this beardie. I am so excited for you and the beardie who will soon be a very lucky beardie.
Hugs to you and to TT too

LizardKat

Hatchling Member
Hi there Miss Jiffy (Tazzie is waving her little arm!!) :blob8:

I know that I haven't written you in some time but you are never far from our thoughts!! How are you feeling? Are you back to work yet? (Tazzie is still getting her "aqua therapy"!!)

I'll keep you posted on our new baby. I really wanted a few more beardies.. they are such funny little creatures! Tazzie is so precious and I really need to post some updated pictures. She is still dating "Spark" (Crickest's handsome boy)

I'll post some adoption pictures after we pick up the baby, our trip to Pennsylvania is five hours each way.. I looked at the "Reptile Train" area but I could not find any links on the trail (PA toward upstate NY)

Bye for now..
Kat (Razz ah mazz Tazzie too!)

jnstaylor

Im so glad that you are going to give him a great home. I just saw the post and right away checked how far it was from me before I even read the whole post. He just looks so sad. It is also five hours for me. If it were closer I would have helped bring him home. We must be very close to each other. I live in north central PA. Very near the NY state line. Unfortunately if I had known of his situation I could have helped my parents were just in Allentown last weekend. Let us know how he is doing he needs your tender love and care.

LizardKat

Hatchling Member
Hi everyone-
Well, good news! We have Pumpkin.and he is heading to his forever home in upstate New York. I am writing this note with my Blackberry as w still have 3.5 hours left in regard to travel time.

Pumpkin is very thin and has not had lighting or heat lamps. He is six years old. Right now he is resting.
I will try and post some pix tomorrow!

Happy Halloween from pumpkin and Tazzie (Kat too)

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's great, we are all SO glad that you rescued him, the poor, poor thing. Please let us know when you get him home & settled in. Thanks for doing this. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom