Gut Loading Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
I have always wondered about gut loading my question is for example if I gut load my crickets with sweet potato the crickets eat and whatever nutrients the potato has the crickets absorb BUT does your beardie taste the sweet potato too or does the beardie only taste crickets i have used squash regular/sweet potato apples fruit greens and veggies ect I'm currently trying tropical fish flakes but she wont really eat the crickets now which is the only reason why im asking

Any help is appreciated

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I gut load my crickets and superworms with
1) buk or puk choi leaves
2) carrot
3) adult bearded dragon pellets ( hard dry type ) - I crumb them for the superworms and mix them with wheat bran.

Crickets only get carrot and adult bearded dragon pellets til a few days before I am ready to use them. They then get the greens added.

NOTE I don't keep all my crickets together in one container - I buy in bulk ( 600 per 2 - 3 weeks ) and break down in 6 - 10 "old Piscus cricket tubs" , this way I protect from odd occasional sick cricket causing a mini - cricket pandemic.

Supers I give the greens left over from supers ,pellets left over from crickets & any greens left by the bluetongues and bearded dragons.

Make sure to replace the carrot and the greens when they go "off".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom