I want a BD for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Hello!

My daughter has a beardie going on 6 months of age. I take care of him and love him like hes my own. I know he isnt and when she moves ill be heart broken. So id love to get one for myself. I was thinking about getting one from a breeder but i see some on here have the as i call them *special angel BD's* the injured or missing arms/legs/tails. I remember my daughter saying that where they picked up Chimera there was one with a missing foot and when she went to get cricks it was still there. Its the same age as Chimera. It's actually from his same clutch. What do you guys recomend?

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Hi.
I think it would be great to adopt a special needs beardie as long as you (not saying that you wouldnt or coudnt, just saying in general) are able to take care of them and be willing to do a little more than a normal beardie may need.
Special needs beardies are wonderful and very loving and it is so worth it.
Good luck, hope you get a new beardie buddy! :D

akingsley9000

Gray-bearded Member
Honestly, it is simply a matter of personal preference. Those that have been injured do not seem to be denied any quality of life or even seem to notice that they are missing anything. The only thing i would take into consideration is the he/she appears to be in otherwise good health unless you are prepared to rehab which can be very time consuming and takes a great deal of patients.

Be forewarned though that getting your own does not usually cure the urge to have another one. :lol:

Good luck. Keep us posted on your decision!

~Allison

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
akingsley9000":c1a2c said:
Be forewarned though that getting your own does not usually cure the urge to have another one. :lol:

Understatement of the year! :wink: :mrgreen:

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Oh i have all the time in the world , im a stay at home mom (im disabled) im home all day alone and my only company is Chimera. So getting one who needs more care and love would fit in here. Ive always loved animals all my life alergic to most tho. No kittys or doggies for me anything with hair is a no no :( so BD are the perfect pet! Cause Chimera is a 100% joy well make that 99% that 1% pain in the butt is when he runs off and i have to chase him or when he poops on me lol

wingeddrgn

Hatchling Member
I have one "regular" and two "disabled" and I love them all.. the "disabled" dragons act just like the "regular"..The difference is that the "regular" dragon gets around better and faster. One of my dragons has only one eye and a partial tail.. We hand feed him (spoiled) and the other dragon has most of her tail amputated..She gets around ok though.

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Hello there,
I think it is a wonderful idea for you to rescue a dragon.
Its heartwarming to know there are people who understand the lure of an injured creature.
Personally I have only ever owned rescued disabled dragons. They require a little more work but I cannot tell you how rewarding it is.
My friends and family, although very compassionate people, often make remarks about how they dont understand why I dont get a "proper" dragon :shock:
My last girl was missing most of an arm and alot of toes and was the most affectionate and loving pet I have ever had the pleasure to own.
She is deeply missed.
I am currently slave to a juvie named Ruben. He is missing an arm and a leg but no one seems to have told him!

If you would like a glimpse of the challenges and joys he has brought me take a peek at his thread.
Its full to the brim with pictures ^_^
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=95384&hilit=

Good luck and I really do hope to see some pictures soon!!!

Holly

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
I gotta work on the hubby lol hes not as for it as i am it seams :( i think his words were *sure if you wanna sleep on the couch* im thinking about it! :twisted:

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Hehe there's a saying around these parts that its easier to get forgiveness than permission /wink

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Freeie":3c4c5 said:
I gotta work on the hubby lol hes not as for it as i am it seams :( i think his words were *sure if you wanna sleep on the couch* im thinking about it! :twisted:

Just make sure the beardie is near the couch, and it will be worth it! :lol:

midnight_962002

Sub-Adult Member
Rescuing a dragon is a lot of fun and feels great. But, it will require multiple vet visits and tests (usually). It is also going to require lots of patience and research. Dragons are very very good at responding to better husbandry for the cure. But, almost always you are going to have to fight parasites in rescue cases.

So.....if you do rescue plan on a fecal and keeping your dragon seperate from the new addition until a clean bill of health is given to both dragons! Ask lots of questions to the vet and the board.

Good Luck

Ernie

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
The one i was wanting just found a family! Not me but at least she went to a good home! So now off to hunt up another lol Gonna try and sweet talk the hubby into one for our annivesary hehe

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Isn't there someone here that does rescues ? I know there is a thread about THEROACHGUY recently, perhaps she can assist you in getting ready and adopting a disabled dragon ?
I myself have a disabled dragon on the way, He will be here next weekend. I also have two babies born on Xmus and the day after coming tomorrow morning.
I know there has to be someone, if no one here can help, pop off a pm to me, and I will check with my sources on one available.
Janie.

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Im really hoping to find one in my area so i might beable to go and pick it up so it dosnt have the stress of travel. We have tons of pet shops around here. I left my name and number at A really good family owned pet store if they get any injured or unwanted do to deformaty to please give me a call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom