Any tips on how to feed a Beardie Calci Worms

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Any tips on how to feed a Beardie Calci Worms

Postby Beardeddragon77 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:11 am

I’ve bought some Calci Worms which are in soil and they come out covered in it. Do I need to rinse every worm before feeding or is there another way
Beardeddragon77
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Any tips on how to feed a Beardie Calci Worms

Postby HippieLizards » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:19 am

Normally I would just flick/rub the dirt off of the worms and give them to my dragons, never had a problem with it.
Slave to three Beardies, one Crested gecko, a Ball Python, three Betta fish, and a Cat. (R.I.P Thor & Cisco, You two will always be in our hearts).[Click image to enlarge]
HippieLizards
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby CooperDragon » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:00 pm

I try to remove as much as I can. If offering just a few I brush them with my hand. If I need to offer a lot I rinse them in a sieve. Try to dry them a bit after rinsing them though. They become good climbers when they are wet.
CooperDragon
BD.org Sicko

Postby kingofnobbys » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:51 pm

I go the trouble of fishing all the BSFL out of the "dirt' by hand and place them in some dry coco peat when storing them.
Those I plan to use inside a week I place in an empty plastic takeaway tub (which has airholes in the lid) , they will dry and clean each other by crawling over each other.

I tend to hand feed my BSFL and flies to my skinks and dragon. I snip the worm's head off to give the lizard a taste of the yummy stuff inside else they refuse to eat them.
CBDs: Puff (M)(RIP 10Dec2015),Rex (F)(RIP 16Mar2017),Toothless (M)(RIP 26Nov2017).Peppa (F) (born 15Nov2015).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : Lucky (M)(wild juvenile), cat attack rescue, fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.Wriggles (F)(rescued injured),thought she was a big lizard, over 8 yrs old, died in her sleep, RIP 2Feb2016). Fluffy (F) 4y old when rescued 14Nov2017 my little livewire , ubertame, thriving and very happy .
kingofnobbys
BD.org Addict

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion