MISSING Beardy :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

taylorb123

Original Poster
Thanks for everyone's help I tried everything but still nothing! Everyday people keep telling me that he's dead or that I'll never see him again :(( I don't listen to that though because he's a tough Beardy and I know I will find him soon and prove all those people wrong!! I pray everyday that he stays safe and comes home I miss my dragon So bad it's the worst feeling ever :(

coffeebutt

that's horrible :(
It sounds redundant but don't lose hope. Ppl have lost their beardies OUTSIDE in the cold for weeks and have found them. I'm sure he'll turn up.
best of luck to you.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
There is a chance he slipped out the front or back door while following you as you went outside (our Rex is apt to follow my wife) if she isn't careful when she's on the floor, follows her like a puppydog.

If you have a heat pad, you could set up one on the floor maybe , and surround it with news paper with a sprinkling of flour on it, if he visits it when you are out , he'll leave behind tell tail tracks.

Could leave several sheets of paper sprinkled with flour about the house and check for tell tail tracks on a regular basis , least if he's still inside and roaming about you'll find out.

Is it possible to put his enclosure on the floor with door open and the lights on and maybe his fav greens and veg in there , if he can access the room and it's easy for him to crawl in , you might come home and find him inside there to greet you.... he will regard it as his territory and if he can he will try to get back into it as it's his safe place. (I know someone this worked with (wasn't beardie though but a pink tongued skink)).

Have you checked under the bad (Rex went missing and we found her curled up under our double bed .... after spending hours looking everywhere we could think off. Our Rex squeezes into very tight spaces (behind furnature) while exploring (squeezing in on her side !) ....so we have a few scares with her Puff, on the other hand is no trouble, he'll either obsess with Rex, or mozy over to the sunny window and start there until the sun disappears and he'll then mozy over an ask for cuddle (off me) or make it clear he is now ready to back into his enclosure.

A good sign is that you are not smelling anything.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Taylor , I know it must be hard to go through this but I believe that there's a good chance that he'll turn up. He is most likely sleeping in the house somewhere, and they can sleep solid for 3 or more months ! It's natural for them, so you may find him when he decides to come out and he'll probably be no worse for the wear. Look to see if he could have gotten up inside any furniture....not just under it, but crawling up in to it from underneath, including the mattress. Don't give up, I think he's hiding safely somewhere and will come out....even if it's another month or so before he shows up.

taylorb123

Original Poster
Hi everyone, I still haven't found my Beardy :,( I still search everyday for him but I haven't heard him or he hasn't left any tracks :( I don't know what to do anymore I tried everything I can! I don't know how but I think he got outside somewhere because he is definately not in my house :( I really miss him and I have to find him because I love him so much!!

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
I had my nieces dragon out the other night and looked away for a few seconds, he was gone. I tore everything apart to find him. The next morning my niece asked me if I had found him yet, sadly I said no. She looked under the heavy tv stand and there he was. I don't know if I will let him out again. I'm sure yours will turn up. Don't give up.

taylorb123

Original Poster
Thanks for everyone who has commented on my post! Sadly I never found my beardie :,( I'm not sure what to think anymore because he is for sure outside and probably not coming back :( I keep having dreams of him every night and think of him all the time and I'm having a hard time trying to stop thinking about him because I always am!!

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
Its amazing where they can go to hibernate. I believe you will eventually find him. I was so worried when I lost Mystic, I had so much to tear apart just on the main level. I am so glad my niece looked for him, she is the only one that fit behind that heavy tv stand. It would be so hard to rip apart everything, including the sofa and chairs. I was so worried that he got farther than he did.

GiseleC

Hatchling Member
I am so sorry to hear your dragon is still missing :( you may have already tried but if your sofa or chair has a dust cover underneath, he may have found a way inside it. I would see if you can peek inside he could be laying on the bars or something. also under your bed if there is a lining. my cat used to do that when I was little. he loved it there. if you have some clothes in storage bags or something he could have found a way to crawl inside and curl up to sleep, check those too. let us know if you find him :( if hes cold, he could just be sleeping somewhere so just because he hasn't wandered where you can see him, doesn't mean he got outside :) try to stay positive. sometimes you get wonderful surprises :)

taylorb123

Original Poster
I have not found him yet :( this was the most horrible thing I've ever had to go through in my life Beardy was the best pet I've ever had he was so special and I will never ever forget him.

GiseleC

Hatchling Member
I'm so sorry to hear that :( II feel the same way about my beardy and can't imagin what youre going though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom