falkor's story

Status
Not open for further replies.
so, i thought i'd go ahead and start up an ongoing thread for falkor. if you're interested in reading about his beginnings and the mini adventure i've gone through trying to right the wrongs of the pet store, check out my introduction thread here - viewtopic.php?f=44&t=131036&start=0. either way, i'm going to go ahead and repost the pictures from that thread and continue to add to them :)

the day i brought him home along with his original setup:

IMG_3949.jpg

IMG_3959.jpg

IMG_3955.jpg

his current setup (the middle is a little dirty from calcium dust - time to clean the carpet)

IMG_4031.jpg

almost looks like it could have been take outside - well, except for that black cord ;-)

IMG_4000.jpg

"i'm sure i could reach that plateau...doesn't look that far..."

IMG_4015.jpg

i LOVE how this shot turned out:

IMG_4018.jpg

here's a funny shot i took the other night of him sleeping. he normally sleeps up on his branch, but on this particular night, he didn't quite make it before falling asleep :-D

IMG_3995.jpg

hunting crickets:

IMG_4047.jpg

hanging out on my hand while shedding his legs:

IMG_4049.jpg

another cool close-up:

IMG_4054.jpg

trying to surf the internet - sorry buddy, you just don't weigh enough to press down the keys:

IMG_4058.jpg

i just bought some slate tile tonight and i have it all ready to go in. that'll happen as soon as i get out of work tomorrow. count on some more pictures then. i'm so excited - i think it'll look really cool :-D

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
leibe001":1cygl3g3 said:
Very Cute little guy!
thanks!

Sadona":1cygl3g3 said:
Falkor is adorable - great close-ups. He'll probably love the slate. :D
thanks! i sure hope he likes. when i changed him from sand to the carpet, it took him a whole day before he would voluntarily walk on it. we'll see how this goes :)

falcor33":1cygl3g3 said:
hi there, from one falkor to another! :wave:

love the pictures, he looks happy :)
haha, falkor says "hi" to falcor! :wave: :-D

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Phoenix17June2009":298xzxyg said:
just wanted to drop in and say hello to you again! lol wahoo now i'll get emails when you update his thread whoop whooop
yayyyy! :)

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Awww hes so cute i cant wait for him to try and get free from his background lol Mine would splat themselves up against it over and over trying to jump on the log they have on their vivs.

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Freeie":20bzhj4u said:
Awww hes so cute i cant wait for him to try and get free from his background lol Mine would splat themselves up against it over and over trying to jump on the log they have on their vivs.
haha, he's tried that a couple times already. one time, he was kind of mad at me because i kept adjusting his light to get just the right temperature, so he jumped off his branch and slammed right into the background. when he landed, he ran back up onto his branch and gave me this look like, "what are you looking at??? i meant to do that!" then, later that same day, i gave him a bath - and he doesn't really like baths much. after the bath, i put him back in his viv and he ran straight to the back and started clawing at the backdrop for a few seconds. he finally gave up and ran back up to the top of his branch to bask. he just doesn't know how good he has it ;-)

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
well, i put in the slate tile last night. i forgot to take one thing into consideration though. when i was laying it all out on the counter before putting it in his viv, i assumed it would be an even 36x18. unfortunately, the inside dimensions are ever so slightly smaller than that. so, i ended up having to layer them a slightly different way. in the end, i think it looks even better this way - plus falkor seems to LOVE the tile - especially how it varies in height. he's never spent so much time on the floor before. last night, he hung out and walked around for quite a while just enjoying the new environment. the one bad thing is that this provides quite a few cracks for the smaller crickets to hide in. it hasn't been a major issue so far though.

testing the new floor:

IMG_4059.jpg

IMG_4060.jpg

IMG_4062.jpg

IMG_4063.jpg

the entire current setup:

IMG_4089.jpg

a couple more close-ups - he's so photogenic :-D

IMG_4066.jpg

IMG_4081.jpg

let me know what you think!

JazzyDragon

Hatchling Member
Hey question for you. I have slate tiles too and the crickets seem to hide under this one in the front right hand corner. I'm just wondering if you've had that issue at all?

Sadona

Juvie Member
I told ya he would love the tiles! :wink: :mrgreen: Glad he finds them so interesting! The lay out you have them in is good for now - just hope none of the crickets find a hiding place among them!
Keep us updated on Falkors adventures, love hearing about him!

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
jeritta":284twfar said:
the pics are great. He is sooooo cute.
Hi Falkor.
[email protected]
has a photo contest for beardies you should enter some of your pics.
haha, thanks! i'll look into that contest :)

Phoenix17June2009":284twfar said:
great pics of him hun!!keep up the good work!! hes so handsome
thanks! he says thank you as well :-D

JazzyDragon":284twfar said:
Hey question for you. I have slate tiles too and the crickets seem to hide under this one in the front right hand corner. I'm just wondering if you've had that issue at all?
yeah, i've had a couple of the smaller ones squeeze between some cracks. but all i've had to di is pick up that particular tile and shoo them back out.

Sadona":284twfar said:
I told ya he would love the tiles! :wink: :mrgreen: Glad he finds them so interesting! The lay out you have them in is good for now - just hope none of the crickets find a hiding place among them!
Keep us updated on Falkors adventures, love hearing about him!
yep! he's still loving them. prior to getting the tile, he rarely ever left his basking spot except to eat. now, he's been getting down quite a bit just to roam around. it's so cool to see. and yeah, i'll definitely keep updating the thread. i can't get enough of him! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom