Zak-n-Wheezie the 2-Headed Bearded Dragon(s) RIP APR 4/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
CONGRATS TO ALL...................... FRANK, BARBARA, ALL YOUR FAMILY AND EXTENDED FAMILY....AND ESP..............................................
Z+W!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT A GREAT FAMILY, AND GREAT INSPIRATION TO ALL OF US WHO HAVE BELOVED BEARDIES.

WE ALL SALUTE YOU IN ALL THAT YOU DO. :notworthy:

THANK-YOU FOR KEEPING US ALL INFORMED AND IN TOUCH :love5:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thank-you! Jiffy, SoCalBeardie, and beardie osk!

I'm so excited to have them on the front page for the world to see. :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8:
I wasn't expecting the front page by no means but so very happy to have them there. The article was much longer than I had expected it continues on the back page of the first section. Wow! Two pages I'm so impressed!

I left earlier to get some copies for my grandchildren, boy was I surprised! The attendant at the nearby Shell gas station came running out and told me don't waste your money I have several copies for you inside. Wow! Ok!

Then I went to 2 of the local stores(looking for some fresh raspberry treats for the beardies to celebrate) and they had already posted them in the window. I dropped off the bills at the post office and they too were putting up copies of the paper. Then Z&W an I went to pay the utility bill and they too were posting there Ripley' comic and the newspaper article.

I loooove my little celebrities! :D :love5: :love5:

Barbara

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Congratulations to Barbara, Frank, Wheezie and Zak on a REALLY nice article!
:laughing6: :blob5: :love5: :lurk: :blob8: :love10: :notworthy: :blob5: :D :lol: :blob8: :eek: :headbang: :blob5: :roll: :dontknow: :blob8: :laughhard: :wave: :blob5: :laughing6: :love5: :blob8: :laughing6: :love5: :blob5: :notworthy: :wave:
We all love their story here, but it's great to see someone from outside our dragon world tell their tale in an intelligent manner.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thank-you dociledragons we will all try not to let it go to our heads. :wink: :lol:

Thank-you too lizardgrrl! I was going to PM you but you made it. It was a nice article.
I have to say that I was worried that the paper would make it more about Frank an I than Wheezie and Zak.
I want them to have all of the Glory! :blob8: :blob8:
I get to go along for the ride and enjoy their Glory that's my payment, works for me. :mrgreen:

Barbara

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
Barbara,
Wonderful Article!!!!!!!! Congrats to you all. I was pleased that they did the story the way they did and the picture of you and Frank was great too,now I can picture you when I talk to you!!!!! Getting closer to getting my own beardie,hopefully within 2 months,can't wait.If my friend doesn't find me one my family and I have decided to go ahead and buy one. We're just getting everything ready before getting one,as well as learning all we can,my 8 year old is learning to care for beardies too and he tells anyone who will listen. Anyway special huggies to you and your family.And thanks to you and your family and animals for being a great inspiration.
Sara

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thank-you Sara!
I was just in the process of writing you an email when your post popped up. :D
So I skipped the email. :lol:

I didn't think that you'd beable to hold out very long on getting a beardie after reading about and
seeing everyone elses. They really are like Pringles!
By the way your 8 year old will make a great recruit
for a beardie slave. :laughing6: It's nice when it can be a family thing. :D

Barbara

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
Barbara,
If you don't mind I'd like to send you a picture. My hubby was the first one to see our friends dragon,then I held it and the rest is history. My little one held a beardy and now he can't wait,and I also have a picture of him holding a snake. I am getting more and more excited,I just have to ahve the money to get everything together. My son was telling everyone at school(before school let out) that we were getting a beardy,he's really excited too.Congrats again and remember you and your family are never far from my thoughts.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
sara24354":64b34 said:
Barbara,
If you don't mind I'd like to send you a picture.
Send it sister! :lol:
My son got home from summer school today I thought that it would be a surprise...... nope!
He said that he's teacher already had it posted up on the board when he got to school. :lol:
What a perfect day for him to wear his Z&W T-Shirt!

Barbara

Dave94

Gray-bearded Member
That story is adorable. I loved that last sentence. "It is cool," he says. "Zak-n-Wheezie makes my family feel like we're special." :mrgreen:

Katsmomma

Juvie Member
Congrats to Zak-n-Wheezie on their new-found fame!!! I hope they will remember us little people. LOL. I think the Ripley's comic and the article are awesome and well-deserved. For them and for you! :D
I volunteer full-time at my neighborhood elementary school's library...and my beardie was the school's adopted mascot. (They are the Dragons!). I lost my first beardie a few months ago and have a new baby that the kid's have decided they want to adopt too! LOL. So he is officially a school mascot. They have all learned alot about bearded dragons and how to care for them. I would love to share your pics of Zak-N-Wheezie with the kids if you don't mind. They would find them fascinating I have no doubt! And since we can't keep enough of the Ripley's books on the library shelf, we will DEFINITELY be buying any edition that has Zak-N-Wheezie in it! :book:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Barbara, you are such a lucky beardie mom to have two celebrities living in your house. That article was very well written, and they captured Zak and Wheezie's importance in the beardie world.

And how nice of the gas station attendant to have saved you a few copies without charge. If I were you and saw the article posted all over town, I think I would've broke down and cried, but the tears would be happy tears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brohelphimlol
Top Bottom