Pictures of Toa as he grows

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexus465

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I came home to this gem today! Apparently, he was enjoying his squash today. Lol.

D92141BC-EEF2-483B-85A0-E4D954AB2E57-29943-00001C2EA5AE1D1A.jpg

:lol:

lexus465

Juvie Member
Original Poster
We, well I, had some adventures today. So, I got home early from work with supers, reptis, and dubias. As I'm putting them away Toa is eyeballing me like it's dinner time, even though it's an hour and a half early, because to him when I get home it is time to eat. :roll:

As I am putting away some calciworms that I got (bc my shipment of reptis was delayed for the holiday) I spot a morphed soldier fly so I fling it into Tao's viv to keep it from flying around the house. :shock: Toa sees it and goes into hunter mode, but can't get it because it keeps flying into the UVB and out of reach. I grab the tongs and try to grab it by the wings before it can fly out. This consists of me reaching in and quickly pulling my hand out and closing the lid as soon as it starts to fly. It takes like ten minutes to catch it, the whole time Toa is giving me the stink eye :angry5: lol. I finally caught it and he munches it looking rather content.

Next I decide to see how he likes the dubia as this is my first time getting them and am thinking about starting a colony. So I open it over the tank bc they creep me out and I don't want one to get out. One was stuck on the lid and I go to shake it off over his bowl and he grabbed it before it hit the ground! Mid air :!: :shock: I was quite impressed. He then munched on two more and his normal dinner!

My little piggy!

He is getting so big!

Here he is looking out the front window for the first time.

I was feeling a little artsy...

lexus465

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I am amazed with how many different positions Toa sleeps in. I check on him every night before I go to bed and usually can't help but to take a picture. They are usually kind of dark because I don't want to wake him up. Here are some of my favorites!

Here he is under his felt:

Nosed into the corner before he got his log:

This has to be my favorite! I wish I had gotten a better picture. But you can see his big old tummy hanging down off the side of the hammock. His back legs were just dangling with his tail on his basking spot.

Chin up to the glass on his hammock:

I like how it looks like he is hugging his hammock!

Belly up to the glass:

Looks like he could just hop out if the lid was left open. I think it's passed time to start building his new bigger home.

Such a character!

And he just passed 20 inches! At about 6.5 months old!
We went to the local reptile show and talked to some breeders. One agreed that he looked to be around six months old, that he didn't look like he was an adult physically. Another suggested that he was so big because we were feeding him everyday, so he was just growing fast (they feed their babies every other to every few days :( ). So we have concluded that he is just a big boy that may possibly have some German giant blood in him but there is no way to know for sure. We love him regardless!! :D

zandi202

BD.org Addict
He is humongous! Jace is 18" at 8.5 months old. Jeezums.

I love how he sleeps like a baby still. Too cute! I love the one with him under his felt. Jace and Zy typically sleep in the same spots.

Firebonbon

Hatchling Member
Oh my gosh, I just HAVE to say that the very second picture you posted on here is so great. His head is tilted so much. xD He's like: "What?! Come at me, bro! This is MY dinner." :lol:

And it's cool, he's grown so much :)

lexus465

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Zandi- it's funny, he never slept like that until recently. I really can't believe how big he is compared to others his age. I can't wait until he fils out as an adult!

Firebonbon- I love that picture too. I was looking at 'old' pictures of him and I got all nostalgic. Lol. So big!

Oriheme

Juvie Member
He is pretty big!!! He is only about a month older than Boba Fett and he is like 4-5 inches bigger LMAO! and I thought he was pretty big xD

lexus465

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So Toa outgrew his basking spot/ hide, I know big shocker there! So, I stopped by Home Depot and picked up another slate tile and some little 1x1s of oak. The husband screwed them together so they are four high and connected a brace to keep it sturdy. It turned out great! Though we had to move some things around to accommodate. I really need to build him a bigger house! So far I think he likes it.

7D9A54F1-AF1B-4C92-ACA7-6C558BF95BAE-19279-0000106367C6568A.jpg

15F33C73-0CB9-4664-ABFB-0D8E5B6E6174-19279-0000106380DD14AA.jpg

76DE4A87-F159-4482-A0A7-D25DFA92A416-19279-00001063A6ECD354.jpg

And here he is chilling on my leg the other day. (Instagram pic)

97CF0EAD-69B2-4838-8267-CDB0064353E9-19279-00001063577A660F.jpg

He also decided to glass dance in his food today. That was fun to clean up! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom