Norris Notes - Two years already?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hehe thanks, Haley but only one little dragon for now. This one may be small but he keeps us hopping. Today was a no eat day. Not a single nibble. He makes me pull out my hair. He slept on the cool side last night and I can't help wondering if that had something to do with it? So for now, no little Lenny for us : )

Just mailed off the computer, Maggie. They couldn't do anything with it so it has to go back to them. We'll see what happens. I'm not expecting much but my fingers are still crossed.

Nothing to do but sit and fret that Norris is going to 'not eat' himself back into the single digits.

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
So far today Norris has devoured 18 small crickets. Good boy, Norris. I don't have any new pictures but here is a photo that makes me smile. Maybe it will do the same for you. I woke up the other other morning and found him like this. Because baby beardies can sleep any way they please, thank you.
DSCF0265.jpg

I was just starting to turn on the lights. You can almost see through his teeny arms. He is standing with one foot in and one foot out of his suction cupped on food dish. I liked how his tail curled all the way up behind him. I disturbed him just enough to get one eye to open. You can sort of see the shine in it on the left. Perhaps he was dream hunting? All he caught was the wall, though.

My husband and I are already checking out the tile row at the local hardware store. We have several full grown Norris style vivs in mind and are still debating which will work best and where. Still, at just 10grams, we have a bit of time to decide. :D
Happy Friday!
Mirth

McSkweeky

Juvie Member
Happy Friday to you too!

That is an absolutely adorable photo! The lighting is brilliant! Your Norris is a couple head shots away from being a model. He certainly is skinny enough ;) At least he ate well today. He'll get chunky yet. I keep setting fat vibes his way teehee

Any bigs plans this weekend? How has your head been

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
He's up to 25 crickets today (and two pellets). Those fat vibes are working, please keep sending them! I'm going to add some pictures in a little bit but first I have to run off and buy MORE crickets. The local store also sometimes has nubia nymphs but has been out. So we'll see if those are available.
He isn't allowed to be model skinny! I want a well rounded youngster. hehe
My head is still attached and I understand that is the important part, so all good there! :p

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Have you considered buying crickets online, I could imagine they'd be cheaper than buying from the petstore.

-Brandon

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I'm definitely going to have to do that, Brandon! My husband was looking into it this evening.
Here is the summer themed salad I made for him this morning. I just put it on the watermelon rind for a plate so he could taste the watermelon without having too much of it. Turns out today was all about crickets and nothing to do with greens.
WMflash.jpg

Here is Norris not looking very impressed at his salad. He already has a bit of a cricket gut.
WMNorrisB.jpg

He gave it a very short glance over and left it behind. Oh well. You can lead a dragon to the salad bar but you can't make him eat.

Tonight we had the best bath time. Norris seems to really like his baths but he isn't so keen on drying off. Tonight, he rested on my hand and drank water off my finger and closed his eyes when I rubbed the bottom of his chin/mouth. He also seemed to enjoy his after bath towel and head rub and closed his eyes for that. He had the whitest belly! :blob5: So nice after wondering what was up yesterday.

Speaking of white bellies... I notice that Norris is always very dark when he is in hunt mode. He gets all his stress marks in. Anyone else have this happen with their babies?

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Cricket attractor, Brandon? If that was his plan, poor Norris' plot was derailed by his daily bath.

I left on the red night time light last night. Norris was 7 crickets over his last record high and I figured if he wanted to use the heat time it could be there for him. When I got up this morning he was eying his pellet leaf bowl like he was eating. So I got the Cricket Colosseum set up early and thought, wow! I wasn't really expecting him to be so interested in food right off. Naturally when I put him in the Cricket Colosseum he pancaked out and and looked up at me from his "I'm so not hunting" pose. I gave him some time to think about it and he gave me a variety of unamused looks until I finally returned him to his basking perch. He adapted his usual basking pose so that he could watch me put away the dusted crickets...just making sure I wasn't going to eat them or give them to someone else, I suppose. Perhaps he just wanted to make sure I was doing it correctly.

I'm certain this is just everyday same ol' to the old hats on here but each day seems new and different to me. So many little quirks and mannerisms I'm still getting used to. Quite a treat, all in all. :D

since I have no dragon pictures, here are the other rascals. This is Kato and Clouseau who collectively are known as
the White Paw Gang.
boyschair.jpg

they only look sweet and innocent because they are sleeping...trust me.

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yesterday was a 9 cricket day. Not too bad following a 25 all time record. Today he's already crunched 15 and he's still his last meal to go. It's usually his big meal so it could be another big day. Last night Norris did his part to prove once again that baby bearded dragons can sleep anyway they wish to, thank you very much. The pictures were taken with a flash as the only lighting and so the focus isn't perfect but not too bad at all considering. Poor Norris, I did move him afterward to the warmer part of his viv. I want him to be a right proper cricket digesting fellow.

sleeping4.jpg

In this second shot you can see the box next to his viv that I keep his clean bath cloths on, including the one with little dragons on it. I wonder if he was looking at them.

sleeping2.jpg

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend,
Cheers!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Your boy is eating great! You can tell his appetite is starting to pick up!

-Brandon

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the encouragement, Brandon. I really do appreciate your comments and suggestions! I think he's starting to find his stride here. Though he did not eat at all on the 11th, he sure made up for it on the 12th! I just did a weigh and measure. He is still at 10 grams but I think he is one cricket shy from 11g. He grew longways a bit to nearly 7 1/2 " . Admittedly he was sticking his neck out like he knew I was measuring LOL! I feel like I should call it 7 1/4 because of his antics. I really wish I had managed a photo of that but my hands were full!
He was waiting for his bath time tonight, standing up on his bask perch, all white bellied and watching for us at the glass. That was really nice to see. It made me feel like he was really starting to settle in.

McSkweeky

Juvie Member
I don't understand how they can sleep like that, but to each their own. I appreciate that you are willing to get photos to share those moments with us. It's fabulous to see his day to day adventures, and to cheer him on when he eats big. Still sending chubby beardie vibes his way! He's getting big long - next step to is start getting wide.

I LOVE the orange that is starting to come out on him. Dres has shed arms, legs, and tail and it looks like his head is the next to go. I can't wait to see what they are both going to look like. And they are similar in age so it's kind of like long lost cousins lol Dresden finally seems to be finding his stride with me too - he was almost white bellied all evening!

I hope your weekend was great, and your head is doing well. Any word on the computer?

--Maggie

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hi there Maggie,
You were commenting here while I was commenting on Dresden *LOL* we keep our threads going!
My computer is off in the limbo realm of the post office and I don't expect to hear anything until at least Weds or Thurs. But thank you for remembering the poor thing. It means I'm going to be out of touch for the next day or two while I'm away at work. I leave tomorrow night and return Weds evening. My poor husband is going to have to deal with my calls for Norris updates even though I'm only truly gone for one day.
Norris is getting very orange. Except for his head which has yet to shed at all. I keep expecting it to. It looks so brown and yellowy compared to the rest of him. He was all over very brown when he came home with us. The reptile care person at the store said the breeder got a lot of color out of their beardies but it was still a surprise to see after he shed his back, let me tell you! Dresden has been a beautiful dragon right out of the box (literally! hehe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom