NARBC in Anaheim

Status
Not open for further replies.

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Ok, we are now on our way home in the car after spending 2 days at the show and catching some coasters at Disney on Friday. My feet are tired but it was all worth it. The show was so much fun and it was great to meet Barb and Robin. I am going to make a few posts so I don't loose the again as I am typing with my thumbs on the iPhone still :)

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Barb, I didn't get a pic of Z&W :( I realized later the kids had the camera and you were getting mobbed while we were trying to talk. No joking about just looking for a crowd.
I only took a few pics on my phone that I can post now. We aren't very good shutterbugs. I did get a pic of julien's first snake bite though. He was holding a full grown king snake and it latched right onto his middle finger. Hope this doesn't offend anyone.
4e94a090.jpg

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
The whole thing was kind of funny. When he saw it in the container he thoght it was a nicce corn and when he realized it was a king snake ( it was all whit with a liit yellow ) he didn't want the guy to think he was a wus. AnywAy when it bit him he was so calm about it he just held out his hand with snake attached and said matter of factly, "dude, your snake is. Biting me". After it was removed it immediately bit the owner before he could put it away. Geeze king snakes are buttheads! And I can say that because I have owned several.

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
ebb77891.jpg

here is a pic of the baby tegu we picked up on Saturday. The kids are acting like a couple of mother hens taking care of it. It has already calmed down and ate and drank for them right away. Plumping working :) lol. Any name recommendations would be welcome.

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
7d5d3fdb.jpg

saw some baby ball pythons hatching. They were right next to the roach guy where we were picking up some dubias for scorch and tegu. This was a major breakthrough with the hubby. When we hot back to the room The tegu and scorch showed him how much they likes em. Scarf... Guess I'll ne calling the roach guy soon.

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
sounds like a great experience !!! ugh im still mad I didnt go. Cant wait till you post the rest of the pics up !!! I'll be waiting !!!!! :D

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
HA Wendy! I remember you posting somewhere that your hubby wouldn't allow roaches. I remember my hubby mentioning to him that we were raising a colony... maybe he figured that they aren't so bad after all.

Personally, I think they're kind of cool (for a roach :shock: ) And I'm so glad that your son was able to find him a tegu. Sounds like a good trip all around for you all.

Hope to talk to you soon... it was so great to meet you.

Robin

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Thanks Dawn. I am still learning the whole copy paste thing on my phone. Still in the darn car. Thought I would share the look I got after scorch decided to do her business. One of those who farted moments. The kids were complaning about the smell
9752f5d1.jpg

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Hmmm.....Frank's daughter and 4 or our grandchildren will be moving to Vegas in November from Florida. Hmmmm.... :idea: :lol:

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
If you remember, Wendy, I think I mentioned that we do go to Vegas 2 or 3 times a year. I guess now I have another reason to go :mrgreen:

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Oh, it would be so great if you guys did come out for the show. I can't remember having more fun in one weekend in a long time. I am not sure if that is a commentary on how boring I am or how great the show was. :oops: Anyway, the kids just had a blast and got a real big kick out of discovering one of their favorite metal guitarists the first day while we were wandering around. Kerry KIng from Slayer was there. He happens to breed carpet pythons. The name of his booth was Psychotic Exotics. I thought that was catchy. They didn't want to bug him for a picture or act like weirdo fans. lol but we did check out his snakes have herp conversation. He was very cool and knew allot about carpet breeding. Had some beautiful snakes too. My kids and I love snakes and everything scaly so we enjoyed looking at everything that the show had to offer. Also for the snake fans out there the guy from Snake bytes was there with so many gorgeous ball pythons. Then he was at another booth doing one of his videos while we were there. He was holding this lady's false water cobra that we were just oogling seconds before. It was so huge and was totally calm and she was scratching it under its chin like he was a puppy. Anyway he said the new videos from the show would be up in about 2 weeks. Nic just loves to watch those. :D

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Sorry, stupid phone. At least it kept me preoccupied on the trip back, and we made pretty good time too. 4hrs including a short stop in Barstow for some petrol, fries and a quick snack of dubias. (for the scaly passengers) Wish I had the camera out when Mark was feeding Scorch. He dropped a dubia in his lap and it crawled right into his gym shorts. He jumped out of the car and did a little ants in my pants dance, while the rest of us sat in the car howling with laughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom