Status
Not open for further replies.

SpencerMM

Original Poster
ok heres a pic i took last night ill take more later
66yq0h.jpg

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
oh dear, all if his feet and his tail look necrotic. I really would get him to a herp vet as it sounds like the last vet you saw really doesnt know much about this species. 'poor circulation' is not a good enough explanation and those limbs need treating. Are you keeping him on a coloured sand i wounder??

Has he been eating well? He looks a little on the skinny side, but he does have alert eyes.

lesleyg1989

Hatchling Member
He looks like a sweety. At his age it is obvious that his health isn't gonna be as good and it might be hard to pay the costs of a herp vet. Maybe you could just read more about beardies on this site to make sure your doig everything you possibly can correctly as this could make a slight improvement. Like some people are asking if you have him on sand as this could maybe cause a problem try putting him on newspaper as this is very inexpensive. Keep us updated.

demonsmomma

Juvie Member
oh i dont think his foot is necrotic then its probly just died from the black sand but ya i would deffinatly take that out, i had max on papertowels but he loves to get in his water dish and sometime sspill it so i switched to terranium liner and it works alot better but maxs previous owner had him on orange calci sand and his legs are still dyed from that ..but hes getting ready to shed so it will be gone soon yay ..i hate calci sand

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
lol well that makes a lot more sense! Yes i would take it all out, as the couloured sand isnt good for them anyway. You can get slate tile, which are dark grey.

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
Well that black stain will prob not come off until he sheds again. It might help to get a babies toothbrush and give him a gentle scrub in the bath every day. (it will also keep him hydrated.) i would either rplace it with slate tile (from any DIY store, or a tile warehouse, very cheap) or just some paper towel for now. How has his eating/ pooping been?

If you wanted to over your set up in detail, we would all be pleased to help. How about the most basic questions, what UVB are you using, specifically the Brand (printed on the bulb), and what temps do you get. Also what are you measuring those temps with??

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing today? The tank looks nice so you took all of the sand out?
Is he eating anything right now? I hope he is doing better for you. Please keep us posted on him & his progress.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mangomom
Top Bottom