Respiratory infection prognosis

NeenaD11

I took my 7 yr old bearded dragon to the ER last night, she got an xray that they said was clear and blood work that they said looked good besides elevated white blood cell count. Upon exam they diagnosed her with an RI and somatitis, a mouth infection. They rx ciproflaxin .05 ml every 48 hours, and a gel to apply to her mouth, and critical care for nutrients. Does this seem like a good treatment?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I took my 7 yr old bearded dragon to the ER last night, she got an xray that they said was clear and blood work that they said looked good besides elevated white blood cell count. Upon exam they diagnosed her with an RI and somatitis, a mouth infection. They rx ciproflaxin .05 ml every 48 hours, and a gel to apply to her mouth, and critical care for nutrients. Does this seem like a good treatment?
Lets ask Tracie--- can you post bloodwork so she can see it as well
@Drache613

NeenaD11

Original Poster
Thank you for tagging her, I dont have a copy of it, but I can call the office on Monday that did it (they transfered her from the ER to another office to do the testing) and ask them to email it to me, and I can post it after I receive it, thank u for any feedback

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That seems like a pretty routine treatment plan &
conservative dosing. The Ciproflaxin will treat a bacterial infection & is often used in respiratory tract infections.
I can check the dose for you if you would like. I
just need the strength/percentage of the solution
& your dragon's weight.
I definitely recommend keeping her well hydrated because antibiotics are notorious for dehydrating them. You could also get some probiotics such as
non dairy acidophilus or non dairy organic soy yogurt to help replenish the gut flora.
If you can, keep her a little warmer overnight to help boost her system right now.

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom