Drachen and Treven updated 1/18/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
My fiancee and I bought Drachen on Saturday at 9am, I lost power due to Hurricane Irene on Sunday at 7am. I was worried about the lack of UV and heat so my fiancee and I cuddles with Drachen. Drachen started to eat from my hand and will actually crawl onto my hand now, I also put my shirt I was wearing that into the tank for warmth at night. Now Drachen only wants to sleep on my shirts so I put 2 in the tank permanently. I got power back today at 3:30pm so it was a pretty good first 4 days.

Cuddling on my fiancee:
Drachen-1.jpg

Drachen-2.jpg

Kiddie Pool Time:
Drachen-3.jpg

Drachen-4.jpg

Power is Back On:
Drachen-7.jpg

Drachen-8.jpg

Drachen-9.jpg

Favorite Pics from Monday with my high quality lens:
Drachen-5.jpg

Drachen-6.jpg

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Drachen looks great, nice colors.
You take great pictures.

Also I wanted to add the duct tape should be used as a temporary fix for the carpet. The Velcro method works much better. The duct tape will start to dry out and curl up, this give crickets and such a new place to hide, when they do they get stuck on the tape and die there. Dead insects should be removed promptly. :wink:

Greasy3489

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
That duct tape us the least economical thing in my set up cause i replace it 3 times a week now that the beauties are on worms I can use the separate feeder tub a lot less and not worry about under carpet as much

Greasy3489

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes this is Treven not Drachen, T has same markings on head, but is more brown/red in color. He has highlights of orange/red near ears.

Treven-14.jpg

Greasy3489

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Treven still didn't want to eat much today he ignored the crickets, but first thing he did eat was collard greens. I got another green loving hatchling. He ate a few reptiworms. Drachen definitely is a fan of reptiworms, nice easy feeder for D. It is gonna be bath time soon.

Greasy3489

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Treven finally started to eat out of his own food dish today! He munched on like 15 reptiworms this morning looks like I am going to be ordering more of them very easy feeders, a little more expensive, but great staple and allows me to leave them in the tank without supervising much.

Greasy3489

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I kinda wish Treven had Drachens appetite I put 30 worms in Drachens cage and 15 in Trevens for the morning. Drachen has 2 left after only 3 hours and Treven has like 12 left lol Though I did get Treven to eat 3 crickets today some carrots some greens and a piece of apple he is still being very finicky with his appetite. I hope it improves he is so small.

Greasy3489

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So Treven decided he likes Reptiworms today, so now every 2 weeks I am ordering 700 small to guarantee no flies form. My next shipment should be coming in tomorrow, I am probably gonna go out and buy a wine cooler to be able to store them. Horray no more crickets who are escape artists I swear I find like 2 crickets a day wandering the house.

I am going to weigh Drachen and Treven today I will update this thread with their weights and possibly with new pics. Treven is so much less stressed today we had a cuddle a bath and he is eating. He is really starting to show some vibrant oranges on his back. I am happy he is adjusting to his new environment and eating. I expect him to start fattening up a bit.

Greasy3489

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
My babies are upset both are in a major shed
Drachen 13.8g and 3.2'' from nose to vent
Treven. 7.1g and 2.5'' from nose to

vent they are so little lol

zooeymama

Hatchling Member
Treven is adorable! Shedding is the worst. Hope it goes fast!

wish my dude would eat the stupid Reptiworms. haha! I would happily pay the price. Hate crickets. Trying roaches this week.

Greasy3489

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Haha roaches are the one thing I wouldnt deal with. or I should say my fiancee wouldnt she doesnt like crickets in the house, but dealt with it. She doesnt like wathcing them eat goliath worms just cause the size. The reptiworms are great it took me a little to get Drachen used to them but when she realized hey this is easy food and it moves she loved them Treven on the other hand I ended up putting in Drachens tank while she was eating so he could see her eating them. He ate a few a day yesterday he hit double digits and today he didnt even care about crickets and went straight at the worms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete5775
Top Bottom