Cherri-New Pics 5/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Hooray! I think they are so cute but i've never seen a mountain horned except on documentaries (hence how excited I am about the prospect of pictures of them!!!)

Im sure Miss (insert chosen name here) will love her new viv!! Sounds like you have put a LOT of work into it!

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
T, Actually hubby has a lot of work in it! LOL I'm just sealing it with the polyurethane. He built it while I was at work on Fri. He's kinda handy to have around! :wink: I'm so anxious to get her into her new viv, I really hate it that she's in such a small, if temporary, space.

The MHDs are really a beautiful, small lizard. The have a very "raptor-like" look to them. Very dino-like! LOL There are 4 species of MHD. Mine are Acanthasaura Capra. I have some really good info on these guys, which took a LOT of digging to find-there aren't that many of us out there keeping and breeding this lizard, so there is minimal info on them. If you'd like some pics of all the species and info, I can get it to you. Might be an interesting little tidbit of info to share with your school kids.

MissT

BD.org Addict
That would be fab, Sandy! Im thinking of doing a topic on 'birds, bugs and beasts' next term so the more 'beasts' I can get info on the better!

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
T, I'll go through some of my research notes on the MHDs and get you some info and pics. I'll PM it to you and you are free to use as much or as little as you like. I think the MHD is such an interesting looking lizard, that raptor-like appearance, that the kids might really like them.

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Sara, I will post some pics of them soon. The female is in full shed and looks so grey right now. The male is just finishing a shed. They are quite pretty.

pudden318

Sub-Adult Member
they're cool looking, ive never seen one of those before.

sandy which kind do you have i see they have different versions

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Well, I've finally decided on the name. I've decided we are going to call her Cherri, short for Cherish and to play on her color. Thank you to both Sara and Janie (zebraflavencs) for the suggestion. It really seems to fit her little personality. And I have a few new Pics of Cherri to show off to you all and a couple pics of the viv-in-progress.

Posing pretty for Assassin (she's quite the little flirt)
feb14thvivpics019-1.jpg

feb14thvivpics017-1.jpg

Here she was giving him a bit of stink eye! He was head bobbing at her.
feb14thvivpics026-1.jpg

And a couple pics of the new viv.
feb14thvivpics007-1-1.jpg

I have it sitting on one end so that I can reach the entire inside as I put on the polyurethane.
feb14thvivpics004-1-1.jpg

I spent most of my day applying coat after coat of the polyurethane, about every 2 to 3 hours. In a couple days, it'll be all ready for Cherri to move in!

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks Jess.

Sara, I knew you'd like it! LOL I had made my decision by this morning, but wanted to wait just a little longer to post it. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom