Baby Cobie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As some of you know, I was looking into getting a very pretty dragon, but circumstances changed and unfortunately I wasn't able to get the lil guy :cry:

But then this afternoon my friend who I hadn't talked to in over a year called me:
Friend: Hey! How have you been? Guess what, I'm at Petsmart right now and I'm looking at a dragon that would melt your heart!
Me: Oh really?! I was just thinking the last few days of getting another one!
Friend: Really? We should meet up for dinner and then we can go look at him, I know you'll just love him!

So after we went to dinner and got caught up, we went to the pet store to see the baby, and of course I fell in love!
Although I did want a red one, I knew that if I saw "the right" dragon, I would love it no matter what color it was!

He/she is happily basking already! And he/she has already ate a few pieces of collards, and took a nice big poo since I've had him/her home! :D
I found it ironic that she would call after over a year has gone by with no communication what-so-ever to tell me about a dragon she thought I'd like, when I found out just this afternoon I couldn't get the dragon I had originally wanted. Weird huh?

Of course I wouldn't make a new thread titled "New baby!" and not post any pictures :wink:
I'm not sure what sex it is, but was thinking of the name "Cobe", but I'm open to any name suggestions!
Here he/she is! :D

And of course I had to post a few of Howie so she wouldn't feel left out :roll:
So the story behind these pictures:
I bought a few basking rocks at Petsmart when I bought the new baby because I couldn't decide which would look better in the viv (I'm a girl give me a break :roll:) So I ended up getting both with the intentions of bringing back the unwanted one. I put Howie on my bed and she climbed into SeeJay's cat bed, and then I took both the rocks out of the bag and left them on my bed. My mom called me to dinner and so I left Howie sleeping in SeeJay's bed, and shut the door (She looked so cute I didn't want to wake her :)) And when I came back from eating, this is what I found:

I guess it's a good thing I bought both of the rocks, Howie already claimed the one she wanted whether it was meant for her or not!!
Needless to say, neither I nor the new baby got to choose which rock would go in his/her new viv! lol

Oh and if anyone lives by a Petsmart, I found 2 different basking rocks for under 6 bucks! I'll post a picture if anyone is interested in looking at them. The one I have in the viv now was $3.37, and the one Howie is laying on was $5. Pretty good deal I must say.

FaaFaa

Sub-Adult Member
Hey Sara my Chaos wouldn't touch his greens, ever. Now he eats them really well. If the PW thing doesn't work for you here is another idea. I bought silkworms from mulberry farms. They make a little silk so everything kinds sticks to them and their silk. I just tossed them into the bowl with the greens and after about 10 minutes I fed them to Chaos. Since the greens were stuck to the silkworm silk he ate the greens too. It was like he had to learn that the greens were edible. Crazy Dragon! Anyway after a few weeks of doing that he just started to eat the greens! (I thought that Cobie liked her greens....)

Jen

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Zaphyrus":85e94 said:
Congrats on the new baby. I find it funny that Howie is actually a girl. I took Niko to the vet the other day for a physical to make sure he's a healthy little boy...turns out the doc says Niko is a girl! I'm debating on whether I want to keep calling her Niko or maybe try Nika, Mieko or Mikah. Like you, I've been looking at another dragon as well :D since my brother took my dog to college with him :(

Oh, and what size tank is the new bd in? I can't quite tell since it's such a small little guy.
lol. I think you should keep it Niko. I got so used to calling her Howie that I couldn't change it.
That's sad about your dog :(
I have the baby in a 29 gal for now.

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Cobie had her first full body shed :D

Shedding pictures, taken over the last couple days:
PA230204.jpg

PA270215.jpg

PA270218.jpg

PA270204.jpg

PA270203.jpg

And the end result:
PA270206.jpg

This is where Cobie sleeps every night:
PA240209.jpg

"So you're telling me, they didn't invent these things for climbing on?"
PA270205.jpg

PA270206-1.jpg

PA270203-1.jpg

Momto3boys

Sub-Adult Member
awwwww, she is still so adorable!

Cobie fits for a boy or a girl! one of my friends has a male Boxer (dog) named Coby :D

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Cobies back, back again...lol

Well what can I say about Cobie...she is still scared of me, but getting better.
Should I keep taking her out of her cage even though I know she's uncomfortable??
I was told to leave her be until she starts getting used to things, but it's been over a month and still no change. :(
I don't take her out very much, just a few minutes everyday.
She is quite the pig though, she's eating a couple hundred crix in about 5-7 days :? am I over feeding her??
And I discovered she will eat veggies, but only if I hand feed them to her. Which I'm guessing isn't necessarily a bad thing, it will help her get used to me...right???
Overall, she is getting bigger and growing. She's about 23 grams now.

WHEN I FIRST GOT COBIE:

NOW:

Do you think Cobie has gotten bigger, lol. I've only had her since the 14th of October. I think she's doing pretty well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buddy- The Bearded Dragon
Top Bottom