Baby Cobie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As some of you know, I was looking into getting a very pretty dragon, but circumstances changed and unfortunately I wasn't able to get the lil guy :cry:

But then this afternoon my friend who I hadn't talked to in over a year called me:
Friend: Hey! How have you been? Guess what, I'm at Petsmart right now and I'm looking at a dragon that would melt your heart!
Me: Oh really?! I was just thinking the last few days of getting another one!
Friend: Really? We should meet up for dinner and then we can go look at him, I know you'll just love him!

So after we went to dinner and got caught up, we went to the pet store to see the baby, and of course I fell in love!
Although I did want a red one, I knew that if I saw "the right" dragon, I would love it no matter what color it was!

He/she is happily basking already! And he/she has already ate a few pieces of collards, and took a nice big poo since I've had him/her home! :D
I found it ironic that she would call after over a year has gone by with no communication what-so-ever to tell me about a dragon she thought I'd like, when I found out just this afternoon I couldn't get the dragon I had originally wanted. Weird huh?

Of course I wouldn't make a new thread titled "New baby!" and not post any pictures :wink:
I'm not sure what sex it is, but was thinking of the name "Cobe", but I'm open to any name suggestions!
Here he/she is! :D

And of course I had to post a few of Howie so she wouldn't feel left out :roll:
So the story behind these pictures:
I bought a few basking rocks at Petsmart when I bought the new baby because I couldn't decide which would look better in the viv (I'm a girl give me a break :roll:) So I ended up getting both with the intentions of bringing back the unwanted one. I put Howie on my bed and she climbed into SeeJay's cat bed, and then I took both the rocks out of the bag and left them on my bed. My mom called me to dinner and so I left Howie sleeping in SeeJay's bed, and shut the door (She looked so cute I didn't want to wake her :)) And when I came back from eating, this is what I found:

I guess it's a good thing I bought both of the rocks, Howie already claimed the one she wanted whether it was meant for her or not!!
Needless to say, neither I nor the new baby got to choose which rock would go in his/her new viv! lol

Oh and if anyone lives by a Petsmart, I found 2 different basking rocks for under 6 bucks! I'll post a picture if anyone is interested in looking at them. The one I have in the viv now was $3.37, and the one Howie is laying on was $5. Pretty good deal I must say.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
SARBEAR":abc1a said:
The baby slept in his/her first burrito all night!
4027679424_e4d5de6369.jpg

"Does my leg look sexy enough from that angle, mom?"
4027694392_8fd3974bb4.jpg

OMG, I love that pose!!! :lol: :wink:

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Very cute baby! I'm so wanting to get a new addition right now, but I don't feel like I have the time :( . Guess I'll just have to settle for looking at everyone's pictures!

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
spurlee01":88a1f said:
Very cute baby! I'm so wanting to get a new addition right now, but I don't feel like I have the time :( . Guess I'll just have to settle for looking at everyone's pictures!
You know, after I brought the baby home I thought to myself "what did I just get myself into?!" because I've heard that babies are much harder to take care of and all. But to tell you the truth, with work and school, I haven't had any trouble making sure they both get fed, their own cuddle time, and have clean viv's. Although I'll only get the baby out for a few minutes and put him/her right back into the viv to let him/her get used to things for a little while, and I'll let Howie run around on my bed or in the rec room (omg she loves that!) I haven't really had that much trouble yet. But who knows, when the baby gets bigger that might be a different story :roll:

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Twobeardieguy":3450a said:
So Sara, any plans on getting another one yet? :lol: :wink:
Hahaha. No way. I'm good with two. I have no where else to put another. Mostly the reason I got another one is because I had the tank and lights laying around. And because I wanted a baby :wink:

Momto3boys

Sub-Adult Member
How in the world did I miss this???

What a gorgeous baby :love5: And CONGRATS on the new addition :blob5:

What a difference in him/her since the first time you posted pics, looks like baby is settling in well...

This poor baby really needs a name, LOL and I can't think of any right now :roll:

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank you everyone!! :)
Momto3boys":77235 said:
This poor baby really needs a name, LOL and I can't think of any right now
lol! I know, I've been trying out Cobe and I think that may be a winner..

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
FaaFaa":6bfea said:
Love the pics Sara. Have you decided on a name yet?

Jen
I think I may name the baby Cobe. Or Cobie..or Kobe..or Kobie..lol
I think that name suits him/her better then Quinn!
But does Cobe sound like it could be a girl name?

Hmm..decisions, decisions..I suck at making decisions!

So I decided I wanted to keep track of the baby's growth, so I may just start posting them here weekly or something.

8 grams, 6.25 inches
Does that sound okay?

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
I like the name, and you could always just change the spelling if it's a girl or a boy. I think that Cobie seems move like a girl version and Cobe/Kobe seems like a boy

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
DragonsInKansas":9cd29 said:
I like the name, and you could always just change the spelling if it's a girl or a boy. I think that Cobie seems move like a girl version and Cobe/Kobe seems like a boy
I think so too :)
Cobie is the baby's name (for now!) lol
I think it may be a girl (just cause I wanted a boy, lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom