Baby Cobie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As some of you know, I was looking into getting a very pretty dragon, but circumstances changed and unfortunately I wasn't able to get the lil guy :cry:

But then this afternoon my friend who I hadn't talked to in over a year called me:
Friend: Hey! How have you been? Guess what, I'm at Petsmart right now and I'm looking at a dragon that would melt your heart!
Me: Oh really?! I was just thinking the last few days of getting another one!
Friend: Really? We should meet up for dinner and then we can go look at him, I know you'll just love him!

So after we went to dinner and got caught up, we went to the pet store to see the baby, and of course I fell in love!
Although I did want a red one, I knew that if I saw "the right" dragon, I would love it no matter what color it was!

He/she is happily basking already! And he/she has already ate a few pieces of collards, and took a nice big poo since I've had him/her home! :D
I found it ironic that she would call after over a year has gone by with no communication what-so-ever to tell me about a dragon she thought I'd like, when I found out just this afternoon I couldn't get the dragon I had originally wanted. Weird huh?

Of course I wouldn't make a new thread titled "New baby!" and not post any pictures :wink:
I'm not sure what sex it is, but was thinking of the name "Cobe", but I'm open to any name suggestions!
Here he/she is! :D

And of course I had to post a few of Howie so she wouldn't feel left out :roll:
So the story behind these pictures:
I bought a few basking rocks at Petsmart when I bought the new baby because I couldn't decide which would look better in the viv (I'm a girl give me a break :roll:) So I ended up getting both with the intentions of bringing back the unwanted one. I put Howie on my bed and she climbed into SeeJay's cat bed, and then I took both the rocks out of the bag and left them on my bed. My mom called me to dinner and so I left Howie sleeping in SeeJay's bed, and shut the door (She looked so cute I didn't want to wake her :)) And when I came back from eating, this is what I found:

I guess it's a good thing I bought both of the rocks, Howie already claimed the one she wanted whether it was meant for her or not!!
Needless to say, neither I nor the new baby got to choose which rock would go in his/her new viv! lol

Oh and if anyone lives by a Petsmart, I found 2 different basking rocks for under 6 bucks! I'll post a picture if anyone is interested in looking at them. The one I have in the viv now was $3.37, and the one Howie is laying on was $5. Pretty good deal I must say.

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I have a couple new pictures :roll:
God bless you all that hang around and look at my many pictures :lol:

I think every baby beardie has been in this situation! When I first found her/him the baby was turned the other way facing me, and holding onto the wire to the left almost like a chin up, but by the time I got my camera this is how s/he was:
DSC_0085-1.jpg

DSC_0089-1.jpg

First bath, s/he didn't enjoy it to much :?
DSC_0090.jpg

First burrito, s/he stayed in there for probably 7.3 seconds, lol
DSC_0096.jpg

FaaFaa

Sub-Adult Member
OMG that pooper is just so cute! I know I said that already but it had to be said again! I really like the name Quinn, I think S/he looks like a Quinn. :D I think that you are well on your way to having a healthy baby. You already know how to do everything right. I can't believe that the baby is eating salads! That is so good. You know already how hard the veggie thing can be. What's the cricket count for today? UH! I'm so glad I don't have to do crickets!

Jen

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
FaaFaa":55c77 said:
OMG that pooper is just so cute! I know I said that already but it had to be said again! I really like the name Quinn, I think S/he looks like a Quinn. :D I think that you are well on your way to having a healthy baby. You already know how to do everything right. I can't believe that the baby is eating salads! That is so good. You know already how hard the veggie thing can be. What's the cricket count for today? UH! I'm so glad I don't have to do crickets!

Jen
Aww thank you so much! :D
S/he hasn't ate much today, I hope relocation stress isn't setting in :?
But s/he did eat about 8 crix, about 10 teeny supers and a few bites of salad.
The night I got the baby I got about 15 crix, and s/he ate every single one the first night and about the same yesterday.
It's so cute watching the baby hunt down the crix, they don't even stand a chance :wink:
S/he is so quick to catch them, it puts Howie to shame :lol:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Sara, I saw your comment about wanting this moved here, so I did it for you. :wink:

Your new baby is adorable, he/she has quite a bit of red coloring. What great pictures you took, conquered his personality at the same time. :D Congratulations.

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
diamc":1389f said:
Hi Sara, I saw your comment about wanting this moved here, so I did it for you. :wink:
Oh thank you!! I forgot to PM a mod actually, so that's great! :)

diamc":1389f said:
Your new baby is adorable, he/she has quite a bit of red coloring. What great pictures you took, conquered his personality at the same time. Congratulations.
Thanks :) I am quite happy with him/her! I'm surprised I found such a pretty dragon at a Petsmart, usually they're all greyish. But then again, Howie is a Petsmart beardie and I think she has beautiful colors!! I hope with each shed s/he gets more and more red!! :D
The only thing is, this baby is so afraid of everything (which is to be expected). If I make any noise around his/her viv it cowers down almost laying flat. I hope that won't last long, Howie adjusted GREAT to my home. I didn't have any problems with her what so ever, she let me pick her up, she didn't run away if I put her down (and that may be because she was so much older when I brought her home) but I don't know..I'm sure everything will be alright and I'm just worrying for nothing :D
And this baby arm waves at everything! All the time! I didn't know babies do it so much, lol. S/he jumps to every rock/wood/branch/plant and arm waves for a minute or so on each, lol, is that weird?? I never knew how active babies were, I'm used to Howie who's laid back and will just chill where ever you put her, lol.
And s/he is always basking, Idk if that's a problem or if I should just let it do what s/he wants?

And I tried calling him/her Quinn, and I'm not so sure that name suits him/her, lol. I'm gonna try Cobe for a couple days and see how that works out. I'm still open to name suggestions :D

ajkry2

Gray-bearded Member
Eating so much, they're bound to bask a TON! :lol: I say let you new one do what it wants, it'll adjust to you sooner or later.

I want my baby to wave, she hasn't done it for me yet...

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
ajkry2":58849 said:
Eating so much, they're bound to bask a TON! :lol: I say let you new one do what it wants, it'll adjust to you sooner or later.

I want my baby to wave, she hasn't done it for me yet...
lol true. I've tried not to hold him/her too much, today s/he has been running around the viv arm waving like crazy, and I'm not sure if that's because I got the reptisun on the tank full time now, or if s/he is getting used to her new home :dontknow:
I wish I had my camera to tape what s/he was doing. The baby was on his/her basking rock and arm waved for a moment, then jumped up to the ledge and arm waved, then jumped on the branch and arm waved and jumped on the wood and arm waved...it was really cute!! :D It was all in the matter of a few minutes though, I'm not quite sure what s/he was doing, lol

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Got a few new goodies for the baby's viv!
4020668477_e302aef3ef.jpg

Hey everyone! Look at my tummy now! What do you think??
Before:
PA140207.jpg

After:
4020668155_55c65e3c16.jpg

Resting after chasing some crix around!!
4020667783_2aecf55bd0.jpg

I couldn't decide which one I liked more, so I uploaded them both :roll:
4021426594_35cf06297c.jpg

4021426278_7e09be9f1a.jpg

Backlash

Hatchling Member
aw shes adorable! glad you were able to get the stressmarks away, i still cant get saphiras to totally disapear, i dont think she likes the texture of the branch she basks on, because thats when she gets em :/

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Backlash":d5c9b said:
aw shes adorable! glad you were able to get the stressmarks away, i still cant get saphiras to totally disapear, i dont think she likes the texture of the branch she basks on, because thats when she gets em :/
Thanks :) They aren't 100% yet but we're still trying, I couldn't get him/her to eat anything today :? So I'm hoping s/he is super hungry tomorrow!
Maybe changing Saphira's basking spot around a little bit might help??
Twobeardieguy":d5c9b said:
SARA, they all look great!!! I love them all!!!! Please don't stop sharing!!! :D :wink:
Oh I won't, don't worry :wink:

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
The baby slept in his/her first burrito all night!
4027679424_e4d5de6369.jpg

"Does my leg look sexy enough from that angle, mom?"
4027694392_8fd3974bb4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom