An afternoon in the life of Stella - LAZY. 1/26

Status
Not open for further replies.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
My goodness! Look at Stella's beard! :shock: Holy smokes that girl is looking amazing! :blob5: She has such a lovely, round, 'girly' face. Just plain feminine. She's come a long way from Stanly!
Stella: "I shares dis chair with da small person, but really, it mine!" :lol: Too cute!

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
ziggydoodles":13eertcy said:
Stella looks right at home on that princess chair! I just love her coloring so much, it's so bright & intense :D

Thank you so much! Her coloring varies quite a bit depending on her mood - most of the time (especially when she is exploring around the house) she is a very bright fluorescent orange. Other times, if she's crabby or wanting to take a nap she turns sort of a haggard muddy orange/yellow/green - its quite a difference.

morphmom":13eertcy said:
My goodness! Look at Stella's beard! :shock: Holy smokes that girl is looking amazing! :blob5: She has such a lovely, round, 'girly' face. Just plain feminine. She's come a long way from Stanly!
Stella: "I shares dis chair with da small person, but really, it mine!" :lol: Too cute!

Aww, thank you! I love that she's still "filling in" - I think most of her growth is over, but I see her head and her boobs starting to beef up (HA! I'm sorry, but I think Beardie boobs are hilarious :lol: ). Her beard is my favorite thing - I love to kiss it!

Its hard to believe that she started off as a "he"... "Stanley"! HA! I remember when I started having strong doubts about her really being a boy - I had such a hard time accepting it, but she is sooooooooo a girl!

Yes, Kennedy loves to share her stuff with Stella, and Stella is thrilled to death that she does! Kennedy is so funny about Stella - she loves to pet her and play with her, and will hold her if you hand her to her, but she absolutely refuses to pick her up. :lol:

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Mariah94":1996furq said:
This is one of my favorite threads on the forum. I love Stella. She's so charming :love5:

Aw, thank you! I really need to do more updates of her, because every day is something new, LOL

Last night we came up with a new nickname for her - "Hot Pocket". :shock: (adding that to "Meep", "Beebs", "Boobs" and "Pancake"... :oops: )

Story: One of her favorite places to take a nap is under the table that we keep our cable box on, and there's a wad of power cables under there. Its a complete pain to get her untangled and fished out of there, but we figure that she must like the warmth from the cables/cable box/power strip. And it's a heck of a lot better than her going under the couch or the plant stand, which are her 2 old standby nap spots.

So I set up a heating pad on low beside the table with the cable box, and sure enough - after about a 1/2 hr of her ripping around the house, she found the heating pad and quickly flopped down on it. She instantly flattened out into a pancake and fell asleep. :sleepy2: This girl can flatten into nearly a perfect circle. :lol:

About 2 hrs later, she wandered out all disheveled looking and stood in the middle of the living room floor, gaping. It was like she was saying "HOOOOOOOOT !!!!" I picked her up and she was all nice and toasty! I called her a "Hot Pocket" and couldn't stop laughing... :laughhard:

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Aw Stella the Hot Pocket!! That's awesome...I was laughing so hard when I read your post, I could just picture her all flattened out taking a snooze :laughing6: :laughing6: Don't you love when they wake up from a nap and they look like they are drunk or something. They wander around all disheveled with squinted eyes, poor babies :lol: :lol:
Hey do you know what days the reptile expo are, is it Friday and Saturday, or Saturday and Sunday? I still hope we can caravan together, Jeffrey and I can just meet up at your house since it's on the way.

-Kaleen

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yes, I feel like offering her a little cup of coffee when she wakes up! She looks so hungover and torn up. :lol:

The Expo is Sat (10am - 5pm) and Sun (11am - 5pm). On the website, there is a coupon for $2 off per adult - http://phxreptileexpo.com/

What day do you want to go? I'm good with either day (although admittedly, I am excited and I want to go on Saturday! :oops: )

Let me know what day is good for you and Jeffrey, and I'll send you directions to our place!

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Dooter":296ap88z said:
The Expo is Sat (10am - 5pm) and Sun (11am - 5pm). On the website, there is a coupon for $2 off per adult - http://phxreptileexpo.com/
Oh! Oh! Oh! :blob5: PLEASE be one of those camera happy people at the expo! Like I mean really happy, like someone might say "Wow! That person sure is Camera uber, crazy, emphatic!" :p
I just love seeing all those "take me home" critters! I'm so jealous! :shock:

ziggydoodles

Juvie Member
Dooter":3qp45ryn said:
Thank you so much! Her coloring varies quite a bit depending on her mood - most of the time (especially when she is exploring around the house) she is a very bright fluorescent orange. Other times, if she's crabby or wanting to take a nap she turns sort of a haggard muddy orange/yellow/green - its quite a difference.

Doodles is the same way, her color changes so drastically depending on her mood. When she's happy & hanging out on the couch she's usually very bright & creamsicle-y, but when she's grumpy she's much more dull, dark orange & her spikes along her spine turn grey. Out in the sunshine though, she looks like a tiger! Her lavender sidebars & teeny lavender spikes turn so dark purple that they're almost black, & her head turns this super pretty marbley purple/white color (since her head is so light), it's really cool.

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Yeah Jeffrey and I want to go on Saturday too! We always keep our wrist bands and go back Sunday too just in case we missed anything :lol: I think it will be fun, and we are both really looking forward to it. What time do you guys want to be there, right at 10 or later? I don't care either way, you just let me know! Oh are you bringing Stella?

-Kaleen

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
morphmom":2o2m5obl said:
Oh! Oh! Oh! :blob5: PLEASE be one of those camera happy people at the expo! Like I mean really happy, like someone might say "Wow! That person sure is Camera uber, crazy, emphatic!" :p

I will! I'll bring my digital camera so that I can get some good pics of everything and everyone. :D

God, it's going to be so hard to have the self-restraint to NOT bring a new reptile home! :|
FranktheTank":2o2m5obl said:
Yeah Jeffrey and I want to go on Saturday too! We always keep our wrist bands and go back Sunday too just in case we missed anything :lol: I think it will be fun, and we are both really looking forward to it. What time do you guys want to be there, right at 10 or later? I don't care either way, you just let me know! Oh are you bringing Stella?

-Kaleen

Huh, I hadn't even considering bringing Stella. Are you bringing any of your babies? I know, BRING WALTER. LOOOOOOOL, no don't do that, I'm just kidding - I'm giggling imagining him going Godzilla on the whole expo...

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Hahaha :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughing6: :laughing6: Yeah bringing Walter would probably not be a great idea.. Although last year I remember a 6foot monitor sleeping on a big log while people stopped to take pictures with him. There was a sign next to him that said, "Please no hands by his face!!"... I have a picture with him somewhere, of course Jeffrey thought is was coolest thing ever.

-Kaleen

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Dooter":wa5uzp4z said:
morphmom":wa5uzp4z said:

I will! I'll bring my digital camera so that I can get some good pics of everything and everyone. :D

God, it's going to be so hard to have the self-restraint to NOT bring a new reptile home! :|

Well, I'm sad to report that while I brought my camera, I got absolutely no shots of anything at the expo. It was nutz-to-buttz crowded in there. Seriously, as soon as we walked in the door, it felt like we were being trampled. If we were actually ABLE to make it up to a booth, we were being pushed along and cut in front of by other people - there was no space/time for picture taking.

Even if there WAS time and space to take pics - and I'm not sure how to say this without sounding like a complete Debbie Downer - the reptiles that were there were just not that impressive. :( I think Kaleen (FranktheTank) would agree with me there and said as much in her thread that she has going. The beardies were all TEEENY TINY babies, and while they were all very adorable, they just weren't anything I haven't already seen. Absolutely NO translucents, and I was ready to bring one home if I found one. Oh well, it was a sign that its not meant to be right now. :|

One of the bearded dragon breeders/vendors (kind of well-known, too) had his babies in these huge black tubs with nothing to climb on or anything, and they actually looked scared and sickly. I was not very happy. :angry5: Wouldn't you want to display examples of your work in the best way possible? Just kind of blew my mind. :?

And there was ONE feeder vendor, and all he had was dead crickets, mealworms and superworms. I was like ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? So I ended up not coming home with any new bugs for Stella to try.

I DID pick up a new UVB light for her though, and there was an awesome vendor there with Ball Pythons that really took the time to talk about them with us. He actually got my VERY snake-phobic husband TO HOLD A BABY BALL PYTHON. I couldn't believe it! I've actually watched Joe pass out over snakes in the past, so to see him HOLD ONE was amazing - I was so proud of him! And that says a lot about the breeder if he could make a phobic person feel that comfortable with the animal. The little girl that we held was so sweet - I would have taken her home if Joe would have let me. :lol:

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Oh, and new weight update on Stella! She's up to 450 grams, right on the dot! She's filling out so nicely - I love her big, glorious orange beard. (I call it her waddle :oops: ) She's almost 9 months old. I wonder how big she'll end up getting.

She's also starting to hang out in more parts of her enclosure, so I think she's getting more and more used to it, which makes me very happy! I'm thinking of making her a little "oasis" area in the corner - I'm going to get her a big corner-fitting rock pool and put a low-hanging hammock over top of it, and decorate the entire area with some vines and flowers. :mrgreen:

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Came home yesterday to find a big pile of poop in the middle of her enclosure and all of the vines ripped down off of the glass. :shock: And Stella just sitting there in her hammock like normal. :?

Seriously, these things do not happen on the weekends. What exactly goes on in there during the the day, I'd like to know?

I asked her that very question, and she peered around the side as if to look in the kitchen where we keep the dog kenneled during the day. "OHhhh, don't you go trying to blame the dog, Missy... Not buyin' it."

I really need to get a webcam set up in there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beardies4life
Top Bottom