Baby Cobie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As some of you know, I was looking into getting a very pretty dragon, but circumstances changed and unfortunately I wasn't able to get the lil guy :cry:

But then this afternoon my friend who I hadn't talked to in over a year called me:
Friend: Hey! How have you been? Guess what, I'm at Petsmart right now and I'm looking at a dragon that would melt your heart!
Me: Oh really?! I was just thinking the last few days of getting another one!
Friend: Really? We should meet up for dinner and then we can go look at him, I know you'll just love him!

So after we went to dinner and got caught up, we went to the pet store to see the baby, and of course I fell in love!
Although I did want a red one, I knew that if I saw "the right" dragon, I would love it no matter what color it was!

He/she is happily basking already! And he/she has already ate a few pieces of collards, and took a nice big poo since I've had him/her home! :D
I found it ironic that she would call after over a year has gone by with no communication what-so-ever to tell me about a dragon she thought I'd like, when I found out just this afternoon I couldn't get the dragon I had originally wanted. Weird huh?

Of course I wouldn't make a new thread titled "New baby!" and not post any pictures :wink:
I'm not sure what sex it is, but was thinking of the name "Cobe", but I'm open to any name suggestions!
Here he/she is! :D

And of course I had to post a few of Howie so she wouldn't feel left out :roll:
So the story behind these pictures:
I bought a few basking rocks at Petsmart when I bought the new baby because I couldn't decide which would look better in the viv (I'm a girl give me a break :roll:) So I ended up getting both with the intentions of bringing back the unwanted one. I put Howie on my bed and she climbed into SeeJay's cat bed, and then I took both the rocks out of the bag and left them on my bed. My mom called me to dinner and so I left Howie sleeping in SeeJay's bed, and shut the door (She looked so cute I didn't want to wake her :)) And when I came back from eating, this is what I found:

I guess it's a good thing I bought both of the rocks, Howie already claimed the one she wanted whether it was meant for her or not!!
Needless to say, neither I nor the new baby got to choose which rock would go in his/her new viv! lol

Oh and if anyone lives by a Petsmart, I found 2 different basking rocks for under 6 bucks! I'll post a picture if anyone is interested in looking at them. The one I have in the viv now was $3.37, and the one Howie is laying on was $5. Pretty good deal I must say.

ajkry2

Gray-bearded Member
your new pooper is sure a cutie ;) glad to see you found the "right one" :D

howie is :love5:

CONGRATS ON THE NEW ADDITION!!!

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
gini":b9f97 said:
Oh!! Congrats!!!! The baby is a cutie!!!! Sounds like it was meant to be!
ajkry2":b9f97 said:
your new pooper is sure a cutie ;) glad to see you found the "right one" :D

howie is :love5:

CONGRATS ON THE NEW ADDITION!!!
Thank you :D
I'm sure Howie would love that you said that!
I couldn't believe how weird the whole situation was, but either way I got a pretty dragon and I'm in love already!! :roll:
I'm off to make some salads, and then see how many crix this baby will devour :?

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Awwwww, the baby pooper is soooo cute!!! And of course I could not forget about Howie he is to cute as well!!! Congrats!! :wink:

fez09

Extreme Poster
YAY! Congrats! I'm excited to see your "photo journal" of baby Cobe as he/she grows up! You always have such great pics of Howie!

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I was actually thinking of PMing a Mod to see if they will move this thread to the "beardie tales" section so I don't have to make a whole new one :)
There will be lots of pictures, trust me :lol:
Oh would you look at that, here's some now :wink: :roll:

"Hello BD.org members! So you guys are the crazy nuts my mom is always talking to..." :p
PA140199-1.jpg

Got this high and figured out there was no where else to go
PA140199.jpg

Basking
PA140200.jpg

This is where the baby slept last night, on my slipper. I only had him/her home a few hours when this picture was taken and it's already starting the "sexy leg" thing! lol
PA140202.jpg

I'm so happy the baby loves salad! :D This little baby devours anything that steps into it's viv! It's amazing!!
PA140204.jpg

Baby's got some good stress marks going on :( We're working on getting rid of them now :)
He/she fell asleep glass dancing, lol
PA140207.jpg

The baby's temporary set up until the box full of goodies from petmountain arrives tomorrow! Lot's of new furniture coming :D
Can you spot the baby :wink:
PA140211.jpg

There's the baby!!
PA140212.jpg

A few new name ideas:
Quinn (Which could stay Quinn or change to Quint if it turns out to be a male)
Cobe (Which I'm not even sure fits a female or not, but then again, I have a female named Howie :roll:)
Riley
Marley

What do you guys think?? Any more suggestions?

wells05

Cool little beardie! What Petsmart did you get it at? The Petsmarts and Petcos around me don't have beardies, and if they do, the are very grey w/o color. Funny - I have the same basking rock. Can't beat $5.

FaaFaa

Sub-Adult Member
Congrats on the new baby Sara! S/he is so cute. Thanks so much for sharing all of your wonderful pics with us. I always love seeing your pics they are the best...especially when you add the little comments. Do you know how old your baby is? I love when they have the big head little body thing going on. Wait till you see how fast s/he grows for you! Better get that super colony going....you're gonna need it! :p

Jen

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
I like Quinn and Cobe. Also, I'd like to point out that Quinn is originally a male name, so you'll be fine if it ends up being a boy. (My dog's name is Quinn :D )

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
wells05":796f6 said:
Cool little beardie! What Petsmart did you get it at? The Petsmarts and Petcos around me don't have beardies, and if they do, the are very grey w/o color. Funny - I have the same basking rock. Can't beat $5.
Thank you! I got it at the one on Gilbert and Germann (In AZ). They had another that had some nice blues in it, but the lady told me it would turn out to be a grey beardie with a few sheds. And at Petco they had a really pretty one I really liked, he had some blues and greens in him and was a little porker! But then again he was quite a bit bigger then my baby, anyway, I didn't get him because their store was disgusting! I didn't want to take the chance of brining a sick beardie into my house, and end up with 2 sick beardies. (They didn't appear to be sick, but there was poo everywhere, they had sand in the enclosure, and about 10 in a tiny tank! The fish tanks were even infested with snails, and moss and were so dirty..The floors looked like they hadn't been mopped in a very long time) It really disgusted me to the point that I wouldn't even use their restroom and I suffered all the way back to Petsmart, lol.

FaaFaa":796f6 said:
Congrats on the new baby Sara! S/he is so cute. Thanks so much for sharing all of your wonderful pics with us. I always love seeing your pics they are the best...especially when you add the little comments. Do you know how old your baby is? I love when they have the big head little body thing going on. Wait till you see how fast s/he grows for you! Better get that super colony going....you're gonna need it! :p
Jen
Thank you :) I have no idea how old S/he is, I'm guessing around 6-8 weeks? Does that seem right? This baby eats like there's no tomorrow! Especially it's salads! I'm not used to making multiple salads a day for one beardie, lol. I can't wait to see how fast s/he grows, I'm hoping I'm doing everything right so s/he will grow up big and strong :D
DragonsInKansas":796f6 said:
I like Quinn and Cobe. Also, I'd like to point out that Quinn is originally a male name, so you'll be fine if it ends up being a boy. (My dog's name is Quinn :D )
See that's what I thought too, but my sister tried to argue with me and I finally decided I believed her, I guess I shouldn't listen to 14 a y/o :roll:
Hmm..Quinn or Cobe..?? That is the question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom