Zorina our new rescue. She has a new home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freeie

Extreme Poster
I thought this was the best place to post out our new addition Zorina. We rescued her today from someone who wanted her to have a better life they didnt want her anymore. At first i thought she was in pretty good shape. Maybe a little dehydrated and underfed. After a bath and some roam time i noticed a few things when she walks. One of her front feet will turn under where the top bends and touches the floor here and there. Her back legs turn a little funny aswell. I'm sure that MBD is setting in. Shes 15 months old and never had any UVB. She looks like a 3 to 4 month old. We thought our Lexia was small this girl is even smaller. I'm going to barrow Lexias new MVB and get her on calcium x2 a day. I cant buy her a UVB bulb intill this thursday. I do have all the other things she needs. I have her basking at 106f she acts like shes never been warm. They did feed her crickets and mealworms i dont think they fed her enough of them. She has some fat on her fat pads. She pooped for us it was good and it didnt really stink witch was a blessing but her urate was a little like chalk . Im going to start giving her some repta-aid tomorrow just to give her a boost. She hasnt ate anything yet. I think it would be safe to feed her bugs i have superworms atm. She is 16 inches long so it would be ok. Shes very alert and active.

Craigslist photos.
3pf3oc3l35O85P25Sea1c7751564fc7f61b.jpg

3nc3m13l65S85Sa5S2a1c88bab9bbd5c814.jpg

Bath and a little roam time.
P1170006.jpg

P1170024.jpg

P1170033.jpg

If anyone has any suggestions please feel free to let me know. Thanks!

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
She is a beautiful girl. It does look like she has the beginnings of MBD, but I think you'll be able to turn her around. It looks like she'll have some gorgeous colours once she's had some proper UV. :D

YellowRoomReptiles

Juvie Member
Pedialyte, liquid calcium and MVB are wonders for MBD! Good luck with your new baby, she looks 100% better than her craigslist photos already!

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Zorina woke up spunky this morning. I think as she gets food and hydrated shes going to need taming she has very long sharp needle like nails. Im going to have Amber clip them for me shes a expert at that. I'm always afraid ill cut to close. She puffed up at me when turned on the lights. She tried to bite my finger when i was putting her in the bath.She pooped out sand in her bath this morning. Im having a hard time getting her to open her mouth at all. I gave her some water oraly and her first dose of repta-aid. I thought woot might as well give her some squash while i was at it. Nope she wore it wouldnt even take a taste. Shes reminding me of Zero when we first rescued her. Hopefully Zorina wont hate me like Zero did :( We gave her a Z name in memory of Zero she looks like a younger version. I have a feeling shes going to be a wild one :shock: Maybe i wont give her to my grandson just yet.

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
I'm so excited. I took Lexias MVB and put it on Zorinas viv. Shes been one stubborn thing all day refused to open her mouth for squash bf refused to eat any veggies she did eat 4 small supers this am. She took her cherry liquid calcium with no problems! WOOT! (bless you tracie!) I tried to feed her some squash this afternoon and she took it! She ate a whole 10 ml of it. Shes learning the syringe brings good yummy things. I gave her 2 more supers after her squash bf. Im not to afraid to feed her the bugs because they have been feeding her just not enough. She is 15 months old i know she should be 80% veggies and 20% bugs ill switch her over to that after we get a little weight on her. She wont touch her veggies at all. Think that will be ok for now? Or should i switch her to the veggies/bugs now? I went over everything and i cant afford a MVB for her but i can afford a Reptisun 10. Its time for the triple to get their new Reptisun 10s i only give $103 for 4 shipped the MVB for one shipped is $56. I don't want to short change the little thing. Think she will be ok with a reptisun intill i can aford to update it to a MVB? Things have been tight here lately with me having my grandbaby so much i had to go buy everything he needs as if he was perm living in my home. You know how costly those little buggars can be lol

Thanks everyone whos helping me and giving me ideas with this little thing.

Angiecountrygirl

Juvie Member
Congrats on Zorina... I'm sure she will be a happy girl to be in such good care now. She does look alittle thin, but I'm sure you'll have her fattened up in no time. :mrgreen:

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
I'm sure she'll be fine with a ReptiSun 10.0. It's a good bulb, and you don't want to overextend yourself. That won't help anyone! :D

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Shes doing well basking and taking her calcium like a good girl. Darien came over last night to stay a few days with me hes sick so i thought letting him hold his baby might make him feel a little better.

He wanted to touch her so bad but her nails are to poky for his liking.
P1180099.jpg

He sad at her viv for almost 30 mins looking at her.
P1180108.jpg

Thanks Lance i had my hubby talked into #6 one of Jeffs valentines babys when they were ready. I'm a sucker for anyone/thing in need. :oops: I couldnt pass Zorina up.

pudden318

Sub-Adult Member
awwwe look how cute, that baby is just precious wish mine were still that age. my lil girl is 11 going on 30 and my 3 yr old brings a whole new meaning to the word active.

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Hello!

Havnt had this little girl long but she is improving so quickly in looks. Shes just about lost all the wrinkles on her from being so dehydrated. She drank from the bath today for the first time woot! She wont eat greens yet so im giving her squash babyfood. Shes eating the supers pretty well. She tries to bite when she gets scared. I took her out of the bath to dry her off and she almost got me. Shes going to need alot of out of viv time to get her tamer i think. Shes pooping good i didnt see anymore sand the last few so hopefully its out of her system. I have to get my digital scale today so i can get proper weights on everyone. That way i have a good idea of how much weight shes gaining.

On a side note. We went to the pet shop where we rescued Zero from and there was a rescue there that someone had dumped off at the back door. It was in really good shape just scared. Wish i could of brought her/him home but i think id be a dead woman if i did lol I still have one 75g viv empty :oops:

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
We weighed Zorina today and shes at 194g and 16 inches. My hubby suprised me with my new digital scale. Lexia is just a tad bigger than her and shes at 351g at 18 inches long(all tail) So i'm using that as a goal weight for Zorina. Im shocked at the color change in her. She was pretty much brown/grey with a small amount of yellow around the face and now shes mostly yellow. I told my hubby "happy brithday!" Zorinas your gift :mrgreen: He says to me "How come i get all the gimpy ones?" :shock: He loves his Lexia to death. So he has to share her with the baby. Woot guess that means hes going to let me keep her!!

Heres her resting in between her two branches.
P1220106.jpg

She looking out to see if i have supers for her again. You can see how her feet in the front roll over themselves :(
P1220118.jpg

Back toes are a little deformed. They are like her front feed they also roll under.
P1220126.jpg

The starting of a budda belly.
P1220127.jpg

More supers plz!
P1220115.jpg

Darien helping me give her a bath.
P1190005.jpg

I was picking out her some supers he just had to help :shock:
P1190042.jpg

With a good UVB bulb and calcium x2 a day how long intill you can see a change in MBD? I sure hope its quick i feel so bad for her it must be painful to walk on your feet like that :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RudeGurl
Top Bottom