ZooMed light fixture issues revisited

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I posted a thread yesterday about having issues with 2 outta 4 Zoomed fixtures. So i was going through my pictures last night and came across a video I had forgotten. Snicker Doodle had been being silly, but of course by the time i got the camera on she stopped.What is interesting about the video is the light. It has a rolling effect to it (that"s the best way i know how to describe it).

Their lights were already out so this morning i got out my camera again.

The new Arcadia light doesn't do it, the second ZooMed (it was the replacement for the original that didn't work right out of the box) doesn't do it. The third ZooMed that was bought at the same store,the same day as the one that died yesterday DOES do it. (I'm guessing a bad batch maybe).

Now I'm wondering if my beardies can see it. I know that they can see in spectrum's that we can't. If they can i feel so bad, it's no wonder Zen is under his rock all the time. If i had to watch that all the time i would go insane.

I'm guessing his light will drop dead soon also, so I'm going to replace it this weekend. I think I'm going to move it into the garage and see if it dies also.

I can only see the rolling light in the camera, I cannot detect a hint with the naked eye.

Now that I'm aware I think I will spot check my lights every little bit with the camera.
I'm going to post a link to my YouTube channel so you can see what I'm talking about. Has anyone else experienced this? Or have any explanation as to what the heck?

This is the link to the video (it was to large to post here is why I did YouTube)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I posted a thread yesterday about having issues with 2 outta 4 Zoomed fixtures. So i was going through my pictures last night and came across a video I had forgotten. Snicker Doodle had been being silly, but of course by the time i got the camera on she stopped.What is interesting about the video is the light. It has a rolling effect to it (that"s the best way i know how to describe it).

Their lights were already out so this morning i got out my camera again.

The new Arcadia light doesn't do it, the second ZooMed (it was the replacement for the original that didn't work right out of the box) doesn't do it. The third ZooMed that was bought at the same store,the same day as the one that died yesterday DOES do it. (I'm guessing a bad batch maybe).

Now I'm wondering if my beardies can see it. I know that they can see in spectrum's that we can't. If they can i feel so bad, it's no wonder Zen is under his rock all the time. If i had to watch that all the time i would go insane.

I'm guessing his light will drop dead soon also, so I'm going to replace it this weekend. I think I'm going to move it into the garage and see if it dies also.

I can only see the rolling light in the camera, I cannot detect a hint with the naked eye.

Now that I'm aware I think I will spot check my lights every little bit with the camera.
I'm going to post a link to my YouTube channel so you can see what I'm talking about. Has anyone else experienced this? Or have any explanation as to what the heck?

This is the link to the video (it was to large to post here is why I did YouTube)
Yep I saw it and so did she -- weird

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
It is weird. Im changing the other one out tomorrow. And I'll be keeping an eye on the last one. I dont have a solar meter but i think im going to get one.
I'm skeptical if those that do that are putting out proper uvb

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom