Zombie defanantly has MBD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I got a new beardie. I cannot determine it's sex at this time because of how dirty her bottom is. I rescued it and it's front legs are horribly bent inward like the wrists are broken. :( It is the size of a half year old beardie. I have a UVB light in there and the previous owner said that she's had it for 3 years and I don't believe it has ever seen UVB. Previous owner was dusting food. I'm going to take her to the vet. What else can I do?

zombie.jpg
1 year ago.
IMG00183.jpg

IMG00182.jpg

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
What size tank do you have? I ask this because if you have a 40 breeder or larger (40 breeder is 36 inches long X 18 inches wide X about 17" tall, more or less) you can use one of the mercury vapor bulbs. The mega ray is the best one, but from my understanding, they are backordered for a couple of months. The t-rex is good also and you can get them at petmountain.com. These will do better for the problems your beardie has. When you take her to the vet, make sure you find a vet that specialized in reptiles. Sometimes you must give them liquid calcium if their mbd is really bad, other times, just getting a good uvb and giving them calcium (NO phosoporus) for like 5 times per week in one feeding.

Grommet

Hatchling Member
Oh, that poor little thing! I'm glad you adopted her, she looks like she's going to need some patient care. Does she have a new Repti-sun 10 tube right now? Zombie is a beautiful little beardie..... You've probably already given her a long soak, that will definitely help with her overall health, and the gunk on her bum. Good luck, and make sure you give her calcium 5 days/week. Butterworms are a good feeders with high levels of calcium also (I get mine from Mulberry Farms online). let us know if you need any advice on veggies, and keep us posted!!!

Kailin

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Omy gosh! I cant stand an animal like that.

Stop crying haley. ok.

Have you got her on a slurry or vitamin suppliments?

iLoveMyFelix

Original Poster
The tank is a 55 gallon 3ft 1/4inL 17inW 17inH. She came with a Sun Glo. I gave her dusted crickets for today and she has a repti sun 10. Where can I get the calcium stuff?

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Calcium should be available at a petstore. You may want to start on a multivitamin too, or a slurry. If you need a recipe for a slurry/can't find one, contact me and I'll be more than happy to give you the beardie powerade recipe.

BTW: On calcium I use phosphorous free with vitaminD3, I don't use a multivitamin, but in your case, that would probably be neccessary(sp?)

Hope Zombie feels better soon!

Cheers,
Haley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom