Zilla power center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
Hello!! I have the Zilla power center surfer protector/timer. White with a digital display. Our power flicked for a split second and now the display won't show anything at all. The constant plugs still work, but the timed ones won't do anything since they can't be programmed. Anyone ever had this happen? Any way to fix it?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's possible a power surge fried it. If that's the case there isn't much to do. It may be under warranty in which case it might be replaced by Zilla.

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I sent an email into them and hopefully will hear back soon. I'm thinking you're right though, that maybe it does the digital parts, but not the surge protector itself.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's not unusual for them to get fried during a surge but they protect what's connected to them which is why computers and other sensitive electronics (or expensive lighting) should be connected through them.

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I'll probably take this as a learning experience. I'll buy a new one and hopefully get this one fixed or replaced and kept as a backup. We're about to go out of town so Mags NEEDS this timer. I have a neighbor feeding and tending her, but she won't be able to do lights.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I keep some mechanical outlet timers on hand to use as backups and also to use during travel. They're pretty cheap and nice to have around.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
I buy heavy duty timers from Harbor Freight for $5.
I think they can handle 1000 watts running through them.

Any decent surge protector that has a damage liability warranty and a joules rating will not work once it absorbs a surge. That is part of the design. That way you cannot reset a possibletter fault and cause damage to things you thought were protected.

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I'll check out harbor freight for a backup. Is it a timer or surge protector?

I messaged the company and they said since it sounded like a circuitry issue they would send me a new one. Now I'm trying to find the receipt to send them a copy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom