Zilla kit info (updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

articwolfgirl

Juvie Member
OH So I bought the Deluxe Bearded Dragon Kit (without knowing it was not good for babys. I have upgraded the Zilla Alfalfa Meal Bedding to Zoo Med Eco Reptile Terrarium Carpet. and im working on getting a fixture to use the Zoo Med ReptiSun® 10.0 High that i bought (dont have a 24 inch fixture) I also got him a Bedding rock (link posted below) a drift wood log he likes alot. a feeding and water bowel (both small he dosnt care much for water bowel but knows what the feeding bowel is for XD)
below is allso a picture (please dont be mean my grafics blow Im trying my best to draw it using paint) If i woulda known zilla wasnt good for babys i wouldnt have paid the 120$ for the starter set up now im going back and so far have paid 60$ + trying to fix things that can harm him. I want whats best for him and whats safe for him btw he is eating healthy now he got over the moving stress. Hes 7 weeks old. After reading what i put in tank and how ive upgraded do u guys have anyother sujestions what I might or need to do as i said as far as lighing goes i have the bulb for the uvb I just am trying to buy the fixture that holds the bulb XD

the hideaway: http://www.petco.com/product/10520/Exo-Terra-Reptile-Caves.aspx?CoreCat=OnSiteSearch

tank.jpg

New tank set up getting the light in a hour when my bf gets off work
newtank.jpg

Jess

Extreme Poster
What is the "night heat"? If its a colored (red or black) bulb, toss it. Chances are you will be fine with out one, but if your temps get below 65*F at night, get a ceramic heat emitter instead.
I would ditch the water dish too... It will raise the humidity, and that can mean respitory infections!
I got my ReptiSuns fixture at Walmart for $9 BTW. :D

Otherwise, it looks good!

ClydesGirl

Sub-Adult Member
For the UVB Fixture, if you live in the US, you can get a 24" under cabinet fixture from Walmart for $8. It will fit in the tank you have, because I have the same size. It's a tight fit, but it DOES fit. I mounted it inside my viv using a couple of 3M adhesive picture hooks. The fixture has some holes on the back meant to be hung from screws, but the picture hooks work just fine.

I think there may be a couple of ways to improve your layout a bit. You probably don't want the food and water dishes right under the basking lamp. That will cause them to get hot, your salad will dry out faster, and the water in your dish will evaporate and raise the humidity in the tank. Also, you'll likely want an elevated surface for him to climb up onto while he's basing, so I'd say put your rock/hide under the basking light or the driftwood under the basking light so he can get up closer to it and move your food/water to the other end of the tank. What are you using in the "night heat" fixture on the left? Is it a ceramic heat emitter or an actual light bulb?

PS: Your drawing is just fine! I didn't have any trouble figuring it out. :D

articwolfgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
lol well ty u two for the fast reply its a black light and alright i wont use it. I thought about taking the bowls out since i bathe him once a day. (only time hell actually go to the bathroom XD can we say score 7 week old potty trained) and yeah i boought that reptisun uvb 24inch but it didnt come with the thing u put it in its just the bulb XD

articwolfgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
alright took the two bowls out he actually seems little happier he can acess the uvb and the heating light better

ClydesGirl

Sub-Adult Member
articwolfgirl":1remg5c5 said:
lol well ty u two for the fast reply its a black light and alright i wont use it. I thought about taking the bowls out since i bathe him once a day. (only time hell actually go to the bathroom XD can we say score 7 week old potty trained) and yeah i boought that reptisun uvb 24inch but it didnt come with the thing u put it in its just the bulb XD

You can leave the food bowl in. You should have fresh salad available to him all day. I'd just move it to the other end of the viv so it doesn't get dried out by the basking bulb. As for your UVB, it sounds like maybe you missed my description of how to get a fixture for it. If you live in the US and have access to a Walmart, then follow the directions in my previous post.

AndyT

Juvie Member
Hey it looks like everything's fine now. I those awful kits. Sorry for the way I acted on that other post, but Maytes was really getting to me. Good luck with Loki's new home!

Andy

ClydesGirl

Sub-Adult Member
And I want to say, get a hammock! I know you mentioned an interest in getting one in that other thread and I think they are pretty great. It's one of the better purchases I made for Clyde's viv and it only cost $6. I, like you, only have a 20g long tank at the moment, since Clyde is only a few months old, but I think having the hammock's been great because it gives Clyde something to climb and hang out on without taking up any additional floor space. You should be able to find one at any pet store that has a decent selection of reptile supplies. I think both PetSmart and Petco have them.

articwolfgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
alright thanks a millon as i said hes only 7 weeks old but he loves to climb theres not much natrual about my tank except for the drift wood but i put things in the tank that make him happy and healthy. Ive noticed even though hes young he really likes to climb and a hamock would be great for him nice to meet u btw

articwolfgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
tjank you Im trying my best. He is my baby I want whats best for him thats why im going outta my way to upgrade his tank i dont want him getting sick from a half but built tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom