Zero Won't Hunt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoony

Sub-Adult Member
Long story short I'm in between feeders right now so I had to buy crickets. I've got Zero in a large plastic storage tub (semi transparent) and all he does is walk to the walls and try to climb out. He is completely ignoring the crickets.

Today I'm going to buy him some small supers because Petco's Calciworms were already flies in the tub, mealworms aren't good, and the wax worms are too fat.

How do you suggest I get him hunting? I don't wanna leave his crix in his viv because roundup will be a pain, and I don't want him to associate viv with food. I'm at my wit's end and any help would be appreciated.

Spoony

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Not recently. I suppose I'll give it a shot and just deal with the clean up later. :/

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
We have the same problem!! Batman will literally eat ONE cricket at a time, dropped in front of him, IN his viv. We placed a few orders this week for dubia roaches and worms...I've about had it with the crickets at this point. Good luck with Zero! Sounds like he may just be a little spoiled like all the other babies here :lol:

Spoony

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I need to get those foot long tongs for that :lol: god I hate crickets. I've removed some of his porous furniture ie his logs and his volcano rock. I will not have those buggers hiding.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
I got a large tupperware tub that has sides high enough the crickets can't really jump(these guys are small though, though probably the same that Zero is eating). I keep it in Baron's viv all day because Baron likes to have a few then bask then have a few. The sides are just low enough that if he really wants out he can(though you might just have to put Zero in/take him out every time he eats).

I don't have to worry about round up. If any get out, Baron pretty much catches them right away. If you have the same option, I suggest doing that until you get other feeders.

Spoony

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I'll give that a try. I have a tupperware about the appropriate height, however Zero doesn't seem to know how to climb in from the outside. The edges have a lip (for the lid) and he kinda sticks his snout under the lip and sits there confused. So far, I left about 6 in there and had to return to work. We'll see what happens when I go home this afternoon.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Any luck? and I'm sure Zero will get used to it if you keep using it. Baron slept on the rim of his tupper ware container last night...Oh what a sight.

Spoony

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I wasn't able to try it today, but I'll give it a try tomorrow. Cricket roundup is a pain in the butt.

Blinksmama

Juvie Member
Rounding up the crickets is a pain. I find it works to take paper towel tubes fold in one end and place the open end in a corner of the enclosure, or all of the corners. They're usually hanging out in the corners any ways. Some times I'll put some torn up greens in the tubes and near the opening to lure them in :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mangomom
Top Bottom