Zak-n-Wheezie the 2-Headed Bearded Dragon(s) RIP APR 4/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
blondie098":7e320 said:
ahem ... to quote Barbara at some point in time ... "we believe in miracles..."
Well it is said that Miracles only happen to those that believe in them. :wink: An I have always believed in them even thru all the hard times.
gulfbrzdawn":7e320 said:
They are a Miracle, a gift from above for none other than you Barb! :D
I like to beleive that too :) ....for all of my years of never giving up on the idea that Miracle
really happen...see anything is possible.

DSC00379.jpg

ghr15

Sub-Adult Member
fresnowitte":93800 said:
blondie098":93800 said:
ahem ... to quote Barbara at some point in time ... "we believe in miracles..."
Well it is said that Miracles only happen to those that believe in them. :wink: An I have always believed in them even thru all the hard times.
gulfbrzdawn":93800 said:
They are a Miracle, a gift from above for none other than you Barb! :D
I like to beleive that too :) ....for all of my years of never giving up on the idea that Miracle
really happen...see anything is possible.

DSC00379.jpg

That has to be framed and put on my beardie wall.

wizbee

Juvie Member
Barbara, I work at a preschool and last month someone donated a whole set of Dragontales books. Z & W are in most of them!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Venom508":fc7f4 said:
when i said "freak gene" all i meant was rare, random and odd occurrence
:wink: I understood what you meant. :)

wizbee":fc7f4 said:
Barbara, I work at a preschool and last month someone donated a whole set of Dragontales books. Z & W are in most of them!

Dragon Tales is a very cute and colorful cartoon all my kids grew up watching it, yet I have never
seen the books...I bet the kids love them though. You'll have to show the kids a pic of the real live
Zak-n-Wheezie. :wink:

Niexist

Hey Barbara cool picture, I have a question about Z+W, I'm not sure exactly how beardies spikes form/grow, but is there any kind of problem with them becoming ingrown into one another's face? I imagine it can be pretty hard to see the center of their little necks.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Niexist":91e28 said:
Hey Barbara cool picture, I have a question about Z+W, I'm not sure exactly how beardies spikes form/grow, but is there any kind of problem with them becoming ingrown into one another's face? I imagine it can be pretty hard to see the center of their little necks.
Actually they have pretty good split between the necks and the spikes that are farther into the split tend to fold over when they pull their heads toward each other rather than poke into the other one. I check daily the split cavity to make sure there's no hung up shed or irritation....as that thought has pasted my mind too.

The spikes right now are actually one of my biggest concerns with them. If you go back thru the pic's I don't remember which page I posted it on....but anyhow Zak's spikes come very close to Wheezie's eye when they are in a particular possition. I worry at one point Wheezie could loose an eye. So far so good I can't believe I'm going to say this but I hope they are done growing. As long as they level off and stay where they are (which at 2....I think they're about done) all should be okay.

That is one of the blankies made by Dawn (Blondie098) which I will treasure forever. :love5:
I love all of the blankies, but that one is very special to me. Really hits home! :mrgreen:

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
:wink: my li'l gift to the boys for their birthday -- you deserve it, those two are such special little miracles! (and we all know they would'nt "be" if it weren't for YOU & all the love and toil you give them!!!)

Shiro

Are you sure those precious boys arnt part Chameleon ;)? Every time I see a new pic theyve got some new and vibrant color to them lol.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Well, I just finished reading all 80 pages. I had planned on just skimming for pictures, but I got caught up in reading the story. (My boyfriend asked me "Don't you have anything better to do with your life?" and I asked him "What could be better than this?") Any way, I want to say thanks for sharing the story (and pictures) of your two miracles with us. It is truly amazing that they have made it this far healthy and happy; there is no doubt in my mind this would not have happened without you. And also, thanks again for your help with my feeders questions. My little girl is coming Thursday and I hope I can be half the "mom" to her that you have been to all of yours.
Sara

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
I second those emotions,Sara!!! Barbara has been and continues to be one good Mama to those precious boys. Barabara,
Please give the family scaly and human hugs and best wishes from VA.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Wow Sara....all 80 pages at one time :shock: Don't you have anything better to do with your life...LOL....J/K!

I too believe that Barbara is a wonderful mommy to all of her beardies!

Heck...I think she is our #1 Beardie Slave on the boards! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cold3231
Top Bottom