Zak-n-Wheezie the 2-Headed Bearded Dragon(s) RIP APR 4/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elora

Sub-Adult Member
A few nights ago I watched the show they made about Abby and Brittany the conjoined human twins. They are exactly the same as Zak and Wheezie. One body, two heads and two separate people. Maybe you could learn more about how zak and wheeze experience the world by listening to these girls describe how it is. Its so awesome. They each control one half of the body but they dont have to think about walking or moving they just do it. When one of them talks they use both hands to talk but if you asked one of them to move their opposite hand they couldnt do it without the help of the other twin. So I guess their brains are connected. THe other twin moved her hand the way the other wanted it to without noticing. On the show they each got their own drivers license! I would have so many questions to ask them. They are soo cute!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I saw that program too (for the second time), but never associated the girls with Zak-n-Wheezie (don't know why).
It was truly amazing how they were able to drive a car. What happens if one half didn't want to do what the other half wanted, like make a turn or step on the brake?

I'm sure, in time, Z-n-W would be just as coordinated as Abby and Brittany. They just have to get used to it, and learn to give in at times.

dolcedragon

Sub-Adult Member
I love that last ZnW vid! They are so precious. It was great to see them growing up. The naptime shot with the kitty is adorable too. Thanks for sharing. :D

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
dolcedragon":3ef26 said:
I love that last ZnW vid! They are so precious. It was great to see them growing up. The naptime shot with the kitty is adorable too. Thanks for sharing. :D
So it worked for you? :?

This is really weird. I made the remix watched it several times then posted it. Showed it to my youngest son Richard and grandson Fred. Five minutes later Frank came in and now it won't play for me. Not here or at photobucket. :roll:

Hopefully it's just me......I guess I won't delete it then.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Barbara...you did a wonderful job on the video. How cute they were as babies :love5: I could watch them all day. Are they still hormonal and acting like crazed little boys or have they calmed down for you?

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Barbara, We just watched that video of Zac-n-Wheezie and enjoyed it. This is the second time I saw the part about them with black beards and then head bobbing together. They sure can move fast if they want to.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Loved the remix it was awesome.You know that scene when they were eating the veggies shows exactly why they have thrived with you.You could see how you were making it so that they could both eat equally.I really think the reason why they are here is because of just how careful you are to make sure that both of them get what they need.

darkcirca

Hatchling Member
You spoil these boys! My two would love to spend a day with you and get spoiled. Sadly they don't get as much of attention as they used to, as we both work full time and attend school still. Wish I could spoil mine like that! Maybe later :)

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Barbara- If you keep putting up these videos of your babies I'll never get my computer back. :lol:
The kids are loving it!

Sandy H

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
underoath7896":006be said:
I wonder if zak has dominate issues with weezie

Barbara works very hard to ensure that neither Zak nor Wheezie become dominant. It's part of why they've done so well! :D

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Quest":5fde6 said:
Wow i hope i get one like that on my next clutch :blob8: :blob8:
Be careful what you wish for! Barbara has spent soooo much time working with Z-n-W to keep them psychologically balanced, otherwise they would not have survived. Zak would have been dominant, going after the live food and bullying Wheezie, Wheezie probably would have given up, and when one half passes, the other generally passes within a few hours. They were sooo lucky to be born in Barbara's home! :notworthy: Most conjoined twins do not live long, either because of medical problems caused by the incomplete split, or reports that twins split farther down the spine have actually been able to turn on each other and cause severe injury and death. The odds of another dragon splitting identically to Wheezie and Zak's split, and receiving that critical care from the start are so minute, we may never see another pair like them!
:love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: Long live Zak-n-Wheezie, our amazing beardie friends!!!!! :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5:

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Every time I feel glum and I don't have one of my lizards to hand, I pull up a pic of Z-n-W. They cheer me up because they're such little miracles and if they can manage with the problems they face every day and enjoy every bit of it, then my complaints are nothing!

But Barbara - that has to be THE funniest headbob I have EVER seen. I love that asynchronous nodding. Bob - abob - Bob - abob! My partner says it's very strange, but also hugely cute. They've got a good turn of speed on them too, I have to admit, I didn't expect them to be so fast! Fantastic!

Thank you for dedicating so much time to them.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
WoW!
Thanks everyone!
Those were some very kind compliments thank-you!
I kind of disappeared for a couple of days it feels like...I was stuck on YouTube that place is crazy.
I had to log off of there I was going to drive myself crazy watching the bearded dragon set-up videos. :banghead: :banghead: Anyhow I'm back! :D

Sandi, MaryAnn, & Vicky are very correct in what they had to say. An if you want a life Quest you really don't want one in your next clutch. I can tell you they are very time consuming an if I had to work or go to school I would not have been able to pull it off. I have not had a vacation that means no weekend trips either unless we took Z&W sense they were hatched. I personally am really missing the beach trips. Some days I get nothing done around the house other than caring for beardies. Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining as giving up so much time to them is well worth it to me, but may not be what other would want to do.

DragonKeepers you noticed how fast they can be huh? That really wasn't nothing I'll get a better one sometime. Well it won't actually be better because you won't see anything but a blur. :lol:
Funny but I didn't even know they could move that fast until they were about 9-10 months old. :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom