Zak-n-Wheezie the 2-Headed Bearded Dragon(s) RIP APR 4/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Todays update they got up by themselves today and hungry. :D
I was doing dishes looked over to find them sitting where their salad should be.....just waiting.

Huh salad?
100_6890.jpg

Look at the thank-you look in Wheezies expression.
100_6891.jpg

Lip smackin' good!
100_6889.jpg

Zak saying, "I'll take some of that."
100_6893.jpg

Yum yum!
100_6895.jpg

They pooped on their paper towel and went off to bask. Now I feel even better. :mrgreen:

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Good Morning, Barbara! :blob5: :blob8:

Fib and Nef have also been up the last couple of days too, :blob8: :blob5: and isn't it wonderful to have time with your boys after they've had a little (or a lot of) sleep? :laughing6: I think we love them even more when they return from their dreams. :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: Enjoy their awake time while it lasts. I don't know yet about Nef's cycle, but I expect Fib to be sleeping most of the time until February or March. :sleepy2:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Good Morning MaryAnn!

Yes it's a very good morning when I get to see their cute little faces with open eyes and a appetite. :blob8:

Everyone that is old enough or should I say big enough to brumate is up and down still....except Checker's. He made his way to the old water dish that he likes to sleep in yesterday so I'm sure he will be down now for atleast 2 months if not longer. He is my heaviest sleeper. I was so happy when he woke up last Spring because he is out solid won't even wake up when I bath him. :(

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
YAY! Good afternoon! I came on and saw a new post! YAY!!!! AWAKE BABIES!!! :blob8:

I forgot to give credit to Prisma for the "beardie bra" picture! :mrgreen:

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Love the beardie hula skirt / bra! (I lived in Hawaii for 3 years!) OMG, we gotta make a good one for ZnW -- maybe little goatees and sombreros? or farmer hats with a straw toothpick? Glad they are up and around today -- and that mommy feels better so she can play!

dolcedragon

Sub-Adult Member
Zak n Wheezie are so precious. I love the latest pics of them eating. Their little faces show so much expression. You can almost hear them saying Yummy! as they dive into the bowl, making a mess like mine do... well, you get double the mess. :)
I've read about 20 pages so far and I find them fascinating. Little heart-stealers, they are! I don't know if this has been asked already (sorry if it has) but is there a certain way they like to be held? Where do they like to be petted? Do they get jealous if one another? If one head is shedding and the other one isn't, do they both act irritated?
Oops, that was supposed to be only one question. I just get very excited hearing about this sort of thing.:blob5: It shows me that anything is possible.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
dolcedragon":898be said:
is there a certain way they like to be held?
They prefer to sit on my chest rather than to be held. They love to snuggle.

Where do they like to be petted?
They both like being stroked from the tips of their noses to just before the hump.
I usually use my pointer and middle fingers to stroke them at the same time.

Do they get jealous if one another?
That is something that I worried about and have tried very hard to avoid sense the beginning. I've always tried very hard to give them equal attentions, food offerings, and love. I don't know if you read or not that in the first few weeks of their lives I had noticed that Wheezie seemed to be bumbed. :(
(Didn't allow it to become a depression) I realized that being named Zak-n-Wheezie that Zak's name always got called out first. So I tried a little experiment an I was right. From that point on we don't talk to them as Zak-n-Wheezie. I try to use Wheezie's name first half of the time an it works. I treat them as if they are 2 equal dragons...individuals to keep from one feeling left out. I've always been aware that if one head was to become depressed I would loose them.

If one head is shedding and the other one isn't, do they both act irritated?
No only when it is body or body parts other than their heads do they both act irritated.
The head that is not in shed will continue to have a normal appetite while the shedding head will not.

It shows me that anything is possible.
Yes they have a way of reminding people that miracles do happen. :wink:

Please don't worry about asking questions I love sharing them. :D

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Okay either I'm bored or avoiding starting those Thanksgiving goodies. :lol:

Zak-n-Wheezie want to give a special thank-you to Dawn & family. :wink:
Looove it! :love5: Them. :wink:

Sleeping Angels
100_6960.jpg

Burrito Grande
100_6975.jpg

100_6981.jpg

100_6980.jpg

Lounge Lizards
100_6969.jpg

100_6978.jpg

Hangin' Out At The Computer With Mom
100_6986.jpg

100_6987.jpg

PS
Thanks again Dawn! :wink:

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
That's what you'd call a "double-stuffed burrito"!!! I love it! They look so snuggly-buggly, Crash loves his fleece Steelers blankie, it's his fave :lol: (Go Steelers) ...

LOOOOVE it!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
I know they loooove the blankies because normally when I move them into the basking area it's only a matter of an hour before they scurry off back into the dark cool side if they don't want to be awake. Not today they are still in the basking spot, but all snuggled into their blankies sound asleep. :mrgreen:
To precious! :love5:

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Hi Barbara!

Wonderful, cuddly, sweet little dragon babies! :love5: :love5: They look so comfy, and the blanket is perrrfect! If they go into brumation again, just keep them in the blanky burrito, get one of those soft baby basket, and gently take them wherever you want! :sleepy2: :sleepy2: Sweet dreams to you and the whole crew!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thanks MaryAnn yeah like a baby carrier. Hmmmm..... :idea:
Heck I've got lot's of leftover custom wicker easter baskets that would work perfect for that, great idea. :D

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Haha, Barbara, should I start a 3rd small business making beardie burrito wrappers? They look wonderful, I printed a copy of that picture for my quilt album! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom