Zak-n-Wheezie the 2-Headed Bearded Dragon(s) RIP APR 4/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Wow, those pics are something, do they each have their own esophagus (food pipe) that leads to one stomach? I can't remember if I noticed that in looking at their x-ray. I would imagine they would, couldn't see how there would be one, seems like they would choke if they only had one with both of them chewing and swallowing at the same time. I thought they had to be fed 1 at a time, it's nice to see them eating on their own. So interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Barbara!

GREAT pictures of the salad eating monsters! So cute! :D :blob5:
They are doing so well now, very happy too. Do you handfeed their feeders to them?

Tracie

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
beardie osk":dc26e said:
Wow, those pics are something, do they each have their own esophagus (food pipe) that leads to one stomach? I can't remember if I noticed that in looking at their x-ray. I would imagine they would, couldn't see how there would be one, seems like they would choke if they only had one with both of them chewing and swallowing at the same time. I thought they had to be fed 1 at a time, it's nice to see them eating on their own. So interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I believe each throat leads to one esophagus. When they were smaller I was concerned of them choking so I fed them one at a time.

Thanks Sara, Gluestick, Jasper's Mom, and Tracie!

Yes Tracie I have always hand fed them their live feeders. It's not because they can't catch them, it is my effort at trying to help in not createing a hiercy or dominate head.

Barbara

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
This was so cute I just have to share it. :)

Okay normally on the weekends Frank an I take the beardies for rides then in the afternoon
the cats lay around on the bed napping and watching sports with dad (Frank).

Well today when it would normally be cat, dad, and sports............lets just say they had
company watching NASCAR with them. :lol:

Wheezie wanted to nap and Zak was wide awake. Wheezie kept dragging Zak down to the cool
end into the corner so he could nap. Well poor Zak didn't want to sleep he wanted to be
in the center of any and everything going on in the house. I was trying to start dinner so it was
impossible for me to intervene and hold them. I did for a moment but that wasn't enough
Zak was not ready to return to their viv. So I put them in the room on the bed with dad.
Metro our pink male cat who is terrified of the beardies was on the bed with dad.
Well immediately as soon as I put Z&W on the bed Metro closed his eyes.......you know........
the if I can't see them then they can't see me act.

Well as most of you know my video portion of my camera doesn't work but I tried my best
to capture it anyway.

Note I was to slow to get the first pic where Metro sees them and then closes his eyes........

Evidently Metro's Plan Failed Though
100_5100.jpg

Well Here They Go Heading For The Cat
100_5101.jpg

Metro Is Now Wondering What The .......?
100_5102.jpg

Z&W Aren't Stressed Or Scared But It's As If They Are Trying To Tell Metro Something
100_5103.jpg

Wheezie Tongues Metro's Foot
100_5104.jpg

They Were Trying To Tell The Cat Something..........
....He Was To Close To Their Nap With Mommy Blankie :lol:

100_5108.jpg

See that is the blankie that we nap with during the week. What smart and posessive little boogers.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh my gosh! That was adorable! They knew where they were suppose to nap - on the blankie, not daddy.

Did they actually climbed over Metro? Or walked around him?

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thank-You Michele!

Actually Gina they took off to run across the cat, Frank freaked out. He went to grab them,
but I told him to let them go so they ran over the cat.

Here's when dad freaked out......but I think the on that's the most freaked out here is
the cat....he is froze.

100_5106.jpg

Falthazur

Hatchling Member
Our shih-tzu tried to give Falthazur kisses, Fal tried to bite off Coacoa's nose in return. I think Coke's the only thing in existance to actually be intimidated by a jouvie beardie puffing. XD

Our neighbor's dog just stares.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
wow barbara, great pics. i would be frightened the cat would swat at them but im cirtain you know your animals alot better than me :roll: . Z&W are just so precious, i love every picture you post of them.

p.s. cats are pretty intelligent, i wonder what yours made of a 2 headed lizard... probably blows his mind :mrgreen: .

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Those pics are just adorable. I was wondering where it was leading............couldn't wait for the punchline or pictures. :p They knew exactly what they were doing and got to where they wanted to be. I was quite surprised that Metro didn't run off though. So, Zak-n-Wheezie won. :blob5: :blob8: The picture of them on the blanket is priceless. Thanks for sharing them.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
jscott":581a7 said:
wow barbara, great pics. i would be frightened the cat would swat at them but im cirtain you know your animals alot better than me :roll: . Z&W are just so precious, i love every picture you post of them.

p.s. cats are pretty intelligent, i wonder what yours made of a 2 headed lizard... probably blows his mind :mrgreen: .
Oh believe me if I thought for a moment that Metro the cat would even consider swatting at them I would not have allowed this. But my cats are total sissy's, especially Metro he will do the back step if a beardie even thinks about walking in his direction. :lol: The other cat Beefy won't even stick around.....if there's a beardie out then Beefy is out of here.

I wonder all of the time what they must think about a two headed one as they like to sit and watch them but only if the beardies are in their viv's.

I always wonder what the other beardies must think?

EDIT:Thanks Diane!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Falthazur":f3537 said:
I think Coke's the only thing in existance to actually be intimidated by a jouvie beardie puffing. XD
No your dog is not alone my cats have been terrified by the beardies for several years. My first beardie
Rocky(R.I.P.) used to swack the cats with his tail. So they are very affraid of being swacked again they remember what that tail can do. If the beardie is over 10-12 inches they are not interested.

It is pretty funny! :lol:

Falthazur

Hatchling Member
Falthazur just hit ten, and my totally amazing Grandpa just forked out for a whole new, 50 gallon breeder for him. Still arguing with the heat, and I can't get a UVB (OR A LID! XD) until tuesday. I was finally able to take him off the ground walnut that my mother INSISTED on getting (even though the pet store was even all "..." since they know I have a beardie) and refused to buy anything else, and out of the 10 gallon tank that she was saying he hadn't grown out of yet. *sigh* I have him on repticarpet, and she keeps telling me that it's unsanitary and we're both going to get sick from "the pee soaking in it and growing mold!" even though I tell her beardies don't pee. She also keeps insisting sand is safer for him. ARGH. :banghead: I did grab the clorox disinfecting wipes for myself. Are they ok to spot-clean the carpet too?

I told the pet store about Zak and Wheezie and they were totally floored and want to come here now. The Beardie girl's going to be there on tuesday so I can get my roaches from her, and I'm going to give her the URL. They only have to tweak two things about their beardies and their store, and that's feed them a bit more crickets and stop carrying the reptiglo 10.0. They suggested one to me today, but I told them it was causing blindness and they said they were going to look into that. I know they will, and they'll probably stop carrying it. MORE PET STORES SHOULD BE LIKE THESE PEOPLE! They're the only store that I've seen refuse selling pets or products. They stay as up-to-date as they can about the animals they carry and you can tell they honestly care. I want to work there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom