Zak-n-Wheezie the 2-Headed Bearded Dragon(s) RIP APR 4/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
:lol: ... thank you for setting me straight. i will remember that in future posts.

i really do love those pics :mrgreen:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
I don't think that very many ever visit the link in my original post of this thread.
The one for the original thread so..... please forgive me for those of you who have already seen this.
But I thought that I'd put their xray here as well.
So some of the newer members could check it out too. :)
Keep in mind this was taken when they were merely 7 months old.
An I had difficulty scanning it to show up here.
But it gives you an idea of their internal parts.

ZWs1stxray.jpg

Barbara

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
That is an incredible xray pic, is that their heart pointing slightly to the left?
Thank-you for keeping us updated with all their info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
beardie osk":fa2b9 said:
That is an incredible xray pic, is that their heart pointing slightly to the left?
Thank-you for keeping us updated with all their info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your welcome beardie osk! :D
Yes, that would be a slightly over large heart for a beardie of their age and size that you are seeing.
It is odd how it is size perfect for their needs.
Also you can see where Wheezie is slightly larger boned in this xray and how it is causeing the scroliosis
in their lower spine.
The xray had actually been posted originally in this thread on page 10;
(Thread was stared by bombier121 on 6/30/07 has a total of 15 pgs.)
[ Invalid URL Removed / p= t=56694 f=1 ]

Barbara

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
Barbara,
Thank you for posting the x-ray here too. I read some if not all of the original post but would like to(and probably will) reread it. My hubby will be interested to see the x-ray.

BaskingBaby

Sub-Adult Member
fresnowitte":c19fa said:
I always enjoy when someone calls, posts, emails, PM's, or visits to say they seen Z&W somewhere new. :D
This morning Franks brother called to say he seen them on AOL News just a short article.
Still it is an excitement rush all the same. :blob8: :p :blob8:
http://news.aol.com/weird-news/article/party-time-for-two-headed-lizard/84509?icid=200100397x1206532766x1200319679

Barbara

I just saw them there as I was checking my mail and was going to let you know! I left a comment on there too...they're just adorable.
:D

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Very cool, Barbara! I've been following from the start, and had seen the x-ray before, but it's still fascinating. I love the last set of pics, particularily #3 with Wheezie's smile, and the aol post is interesting. Are you getting more calls about them because of it? I read through the comments on the aol pic though, and boy, does it take all kinds! I'm glad the average dragon owner is much brighter than some of the bulbs posting on aol! :laughing6:

As always, our love to you and Frank, Z&W, new baby and all the rest! :love5:

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Barbara,
Like Ive said before..they are famous nation-wide :D :D
Alot of customers at my work know that I love beardies and so many of them have told me about the article they saw in last weekends newspaper :mrgreen:
You must be so proud of your boys!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Barbara,

I also have followed this thread. It is such a positive & compelling thread. Very sweet. :D
They are both truly lucky to have you caring for them.

Tracie

hello! ... i just read the entire thread, and joined so i could ask questions ... it looks like the guys might not be able to see each other very well due to the spikes in between their heads .... is that right? .... maybe that keeps the stress levels down also .... as everyone else has said, they really are adorable! :blob5:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thank-you BaskingBaby I apprecite when others that know Zak-n-Wheezie take the time to defend them.....us.
Thank-you MaryAnn, Ethan, Michele, and Tracie for being so supportive.

iluvlizardlips":02186 said:
hello! ... i just read the entire thread, and joined so i could ask questions ... it looks like the guys might not be able to see each other very well due to the spikes in between their heads .... is that right? .... maybe that keeps the stress levels down also .... as everyone else has said, they really are adorable! :blob5:

First let me say, "welcome to BD.org." :D
They can see each other but you could be right they may not be able to see each other all that well.

I contribute the low stress level to all of the handleing an individual care that each head gets. When stress seems to be present is when I usually interveen with some holding time. This always seems to take their minds off of each other, instead they are busy checking out everything around them rather than each other.

Thank-you!
And thank-you for takeing the time to read their entire thread. I hope that you found it enjoyable.
I love to share them and their amazing survival this far.

I read comments from other sites which I try really hard not to reply to. Most of the comments are very rude and lack compassion.

Members at other sites seem to think that they are sad or in pain. I don't see that at all.
I do admit that they can become stressed quite easy. But I think that we have learned to deal with it when it arises quite well. I can usually calm them down in just a minute or 2 of them flairing up.

EclpsPrinc I wanted to thank-you again for telling me what you found written about them and also for your supportive reply. :wink:

Barbara

EclpsPrinc

Juvie Member
You have to admit...

Most pictures of bearded dragons depict a sad and unhappy animal. They don't smile; they glare. LOL!

Barbara, you would know better than anyone what their needs are and the quality of life they are experiencing. Most folks would never have considered giving them the dedicated support you've provided them.

They are lucky fellas! Hugs to you and your boys :love5:

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
Barbara,
Please know that you and yours have love and support coming from my little corner of the world!!!! Only because of the love and support you give them are they alive today. I shudder to think what could have happened had anyone but you gotten hold of such a precious creature. They never would have received the love and care you have given them and probably would not be alive today. Hats off and hugs to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom