Zak-n-Wheezie the 2-Headed Bearded Dragon(s) RIP APR 4/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Deb we have the worst meteorologists...they are almost always wrong. :lol: We didn't get any snow...arg! We were actually kind of looking forward to it as it never stays on the ground long if we do get it. I was hoping to wake up and make a muddy snowman with the kids...that didn't happen. Not a cloud in the sky one of the bluest skies we have had in a long time. However I wasn't around as my kids were in an accident. You can see the vehicle on my fb. We didn't get a pic of the inside but the gas peddle, clutch peddle, and dash were right up against the seats. It's amazing, an I am counting my blessing, because I could have lost 2 of my kids in one day. They both walked away from it, though my daughter's knees are very beat up, but the out come could have been so much worse.

Carrie thank-you for the compliments! :D
I'll try to get a few pic's uploaded to PB to post later today. :wink:
I've been trying for days to get some new vid's of them, but the boogers freeze like a statue when I turn the camera on. :lol:
They have been so active, trying to glass dance and running/jumping back and forth in their viv. But then why should they be any different than the rest of the beardies in the house. It's so loud here with beardie noises. :lol:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm glad to hear you're not the only one who has active dragons. The only one still sleeping in is Lonzo, since he got his new bigger hide. He's either on top of it, or inside it, and he can run in the side and out the back, so he has fun doing that, too.

So your kids are really ok, that's such a great relief. Huge sigh worth! And how are you making out?

Do you think it's just spring hormones that's gotten hold of Z&W? :mrgreen: Hormones make our boys do funny things, too, bobbing so much it makes me dizzy; black bearding each other and stamping. If they don't have each other to do this to, they seem miserable. Do you think it's likely that they've gotten used to each other?

Sweetie is still not making eggs, I'm so happy for now, but it's a day at a time.

Hugs to you all,
Deb

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
By the way, Barb, we got snow on Sunday! It didn't stick but it was fun to watch it fall from the sky, of course it was only 5 or 6 flakes or so at a time, then it'd stop, then start again. That's the fun way to have snow. Falling and going away, the Southern AZ way.

NCSUCarrie

Juvie Member
I'm so happy to hear that your kids are OK. What a scare for you I'm sure ! I hope you are all feeling and doing OK for now and that your daughters knees are on the mend.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thanks Lori, Deb, and Carrie!

My daughter(Shasta) is doing much better, son (Rodger) is not as sore today and his nose is healing. He got blasted pretty good with the air bag. Those things are no joke. My daughter had 4 shirts and a sweater on and it came out with such force that it burned through all the layers of clothing she was wearing...didn't burn her though just her close.

As for myself I feel much better now than I have for months. Hopefully that crazy bug is gone now.

It's a rainy day here today :( ....Lori I was gonna ask you if you got snow I know my b-i-l's both did and they are in your direction from me. One is in Phelan Ca and the other in Arizona near the river. I was kind of looking forward to snow myself that's about the way it snows here if it even hits the ground. :lol:

Deb I'm sure it's hormones that have gotten the boys all in an up roar. The heads are a bobbin'! :lol:

Well I tried yesterday to upload some pic's with no luck :banghead: I'll try again in a few minutes as soon as Aiden has had his breakfast. :)

LilStinkpot

Juvie Member
fresnowitte":apgtz2lh said:
Deb we have the worst meteorologists...they are almost always wrong. :lol: We didn't get any snow...arg! We were actually kind of looking forward to it as it never stays on the ground long if we do get it. I was hoping to wake up and make a muddy snowman with the kids...that didn't happen. Not a cloud in the sky one of the bluest skies we have had in a long time. However I wasn't around as my kids were in an accident. You can see the vehicle on my fb. We didn't get a pic of the inside but the gas peddle, clutch peddle, and dash were right up against the seats. It's amazing, an I am counting my blessing, because I could have lost 2 of my kids in one day. They both walked away from it, though my daughter's knees are very beat up, but the out come could have been so much worse.

Same here, no snow. I was grumpy all day Saturday, LoL! I was really looking forward to it. I heard Los Gatos got a few flakes, but in San Jose it was all sunshine and blossoms!

Beardie, you stole my snow! *headbob*

Barb, I'm glad your kids are doing OK. I'm STILL fixing my car from an accident last year. Not fun. It doesn't have airbags, I just remembered. Old car!

ETA: I am so jealous of those with waking beardies. Mine's still out C-O-L-D. He's doing a pretty good paperweight impression, LoL! :lol:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Hi LilStinkPot!

So Teddy is still doing his paperweight impression huh? :lol: Don't be jealous we all have headaches. :lol:

There's no fixing this vehicle it's totaled, but that's just fine it's replaceable.

Los Gatos got snow too? Darn that MaryAnn... :lol:

Thanks also everyone about the well comments for my kids. :love5:

LilStinkpot

Juvie Member
Hi back!

Yes, Teddy's out cold. He went down for reals some-when in November, after thinking about it for weeks. On the plus side, my dubia colony is exploding. Woo hoo! I can't count how many adults are in there now--forget trying to count babies!

If I ever totaled my car we'd never be able to replace it-even spare parts are hard to find now! *crosses fingers (and anything else crossable)*

There were flakes reported in LG, but nothing really stuck. Dangit, I wanted snow!

Slightly more OT: I was at PetSmart for puppy training, and I saw the prettiest little baby beardie there. Super-creamy white belly, with orange-y markings over a nearly white background. I wanted to buy him (??) right there, and would have, had I the room at home. This is "brumation blues", isn't it? :lol:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
This is "brumation blues", isn't it?
Hi_Smiley_by_Patino_kun.gif
Yep!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh my word! Barbara, I'm so glad to hear that both of your kids walked away from the accident. What a traumatic experience that must've been for them -- and for you too. Burnt clothes could always be replaced -- thank god she was ok.

How are the scaley kids doing today? Are any of them still sleeping?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Wow Barbara, I just read about the accident. So relived they are ok. Bet their guardian angel won't be riding with them again anytime soon. What an awful scare for all of you!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thank-you Gina, Gefdo, and Diane! So very true....it definately gave me a big dose of gratefulness. :D

They are all better now. :D

I'm sorry for the lack of updates as many of you know I'd been sick since December(pneumonia). I am all better now too. :blob8: :blob8: :blob8:
The weather yesterday and this week here is absolutely beautiful for beardies to go outside and me as well. :mrgreen:
I've been taking lots of pic's so I should be posting some new ones soon. Right now I have beardies still waiting to get outside for some nice sunshine. I'm so ready for Spring and sunshine. I wish I could sent some of it to my friends on the East Coast.

Zak-n-Wheezie are maniacs this year. Oh, my, God! :shock: I forgot how fast they could be. I had them out in the bedroom window sunning when I took Roux out for a bath. Before placing her back in her viv which is in my bedroom I'd placed her on the bed. Holy Cow! Zak-n-Wheezie dove from their perch in the window to my bed in less time it takes to blink your eyes. :shock:
They have been glass dancing fools for days now. They always scare me when they do that...it looks like they would topple over being they are so top heavy. I'll make sure to upload some pic's of that too. :wink:

Now I'm off to enjoy the sun and my beardies. :D

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
fresnowitte":ncdhmee1 said:
Zak-n-Wheezie are maniacs this year. Oh, my, God! :shock: I forgot how fast they could be. I had them out in the bedroom window sunning when I took Roux out for a bath. Before placing her back in her viv which is in my bedroom I'd placed her on the bed. Holy Cow! Zak-n-Wheezie dove from their perch in the window to my bed in less time it takes to blink your eyes. :shock:
And what happened after they flew onto your bed? Did they get to Roux before you??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angiemeyer8561
Top Bottom