Yucky green poo >:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurren

Recently, I switched my Beardie's food to pellets, of course, soaked in water like the instruction's say.
It's a solid green color, like 80% of the pellets are. But the real problem is that it's really squelchy sounding and very watery. (Although, the actual feces appears to be somewhat blob-ish and although not quite... Diarrhetic, it still has some solid base to it... A little like toothpaste.)
I'm almost sure it's the pellets causing this, but it doesn't exactly 'smell healthy' to me either. It stinks up very quickly, and I'm forced to remove it immediately. ( A stagnant, but spicy smell.)

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Hi,
Are you using pellets as his staple feeder? That would likely explain it :?

Live prey is honestly the best feeder for our beardies, it has the correct ratio of nutritional components they need, which I it seems you can see b/c of your beardies poop :lol: LOL

Also, you should take a fecal sample in to a vet (you may need to search online for a vet that sees reptiles) to check for parasites etc. You do not need to take your beardie in the first time, only the sample...usually runs about $30 for the fecal check. IF he has parasites, etc. come here to the boards and go to the health section; you will get all the help you need to determine what meds to use :)

When you get a chance go the the *feeding* board and then the *feeders* board and read all about it :study: It will really help.

I happened to read the list of ingredients on the pellets the other day and was rather dismayed by them :( As a addition to, say sprinkled on a salad for the color etc I think they are fine/great, but definately *not* as a main source of food.

By the way, how old is your beardie?
Also...we LOVE pics *hint* *hint*. If I missed a post with them, I apologize and you can let me know where it is :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eragon21
Top Bottom