You've Met Grudge, Grief, and Envy...Now Mercy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virus

Hatchling Member
Greetings all,

Virus here, hailing from Springfield, MO. I've had three baby dragons for one week now (currently in one viv, but I've been doing a lot of lurking and research and plan to change that soon.)

My three little ones are Grief (possibly male, 6.5"), Grudge (pretty sure male, 9"), and Envy (pretty sure female, 8"). All of which I fell in love with at a Pet Warehouse. I don't have any pics up yet, but I know some of you might like them, and I'll see what I can do tomorrow after their breakfast and bath.

I'm pretty excited overall, and they are beginning to show that they are getting over their rehoming stress. As I type this up I see Grief sprawled out on their hammock sleeping.

Welcome to beardeddragon.org! I can't wait for the pics. I really like your names. I kinda did that with my hermit crabs. Good Luck with your new babies. I hope this site helps! :D

Virus

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I actually own about 16 hermit crabs as well, and they have various names in a similar fashion. :p (maybe I'll sneak a couple of those here too)

ChellyBeans

Gray-bearded Member
Welcome!

I can't wait to see pictures of your little fellas! You are going to have your hands full with all of them.

Good luck!

Virus

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Alright I ended up having about 40 pictures in total of these guys already, so I'm limiting myself to seven.

Here are two of Envy
PB110378.jpg

She's enjoying some time in the sunlight.

PB120403.jpg

Just being pretty

Now for the youngest one, Grief:
PB120400.jpg

He isn't the most excited about bath time.

PB120409.jpg

As you can see by my finger, he's really big...

And now Grudge. At first I only picked up Grief and Envy, but that day when I put Grudge back down in the tank, he gave me the stink eye. The next day I went to pick him up, and once he noticed me walking up, went right back to giving me the stink eye.

PB120405.jpg

Enjoying a drink of bath water.

PB120406.jpg

Just grinning once in awhile.

Finally all of them lined up for comparison.
PB120410.jpg

Virus

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I got them all at a pet store, and while relatively well informed, was not told of how they enjoy their alone space. At the moment their all not eating too much. They eat a few bites of their salad, and about 5 or so crickets a day.

Hopefully soon enough they will get over their relocation stress and get to work on chowing down.

Grudge started to shed a couple days ago, and on other news I have a dubia colony coming in Wednesday and perhaps that'll get them interested.

ChellyBeans

Gray-bearded Member
Yeah, beardies will fight if they are together.

You may want to see about seperating them.

As far as the food, I got my beardie from a pet store (PetSmart) and they only fed him 2 crickets a day. So I am having to work on his appetite. Just be patient.

Virus

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I have been looking into housing, and I plan on building two double stack terrariums. It might take me some time, but I am working on the details.

I'm not too worried about their appetite. They are all drinking water and pooping daily, so they can't be too bad(funny though that the youngest one is the one who likes his veggies)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom