You're Going to Think I'm Crrrrazzzyyy

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragginfly

Let's say I have showered for the day, let's say my bearded dragon had pooped already and had been showered off. Let's say the tub has been cleaned, sterilized and ready to go....Do you see where this is going?
Can I sit in a tub of warm water and "take a bath" (without soap) with my bearded dragon. I would not be doing it to get anyone clean. I could even wear a swimsuit, but really wondering.
:oops: Thanks
Elyssa

Hm.. it's best you don't.. If your beardy would decide to take a jump, he/she may drown..
Normally they should'nt be in water deeper than a few centimeters

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
i would imagine your beardie would just want to climb on you to get out of the water. that would be the whole bath experience until you get out.

Irwinshealth

Sub-Adult Member
I don't think your crazy I wanted to do this in my hot tub when we first fill it. (no chemicals). I figured I would be right there if the water was too high I would just take him out. Well, then I read a bit here. Apparently they could do damage to their ears from being under water too far/long. So I guess that is out :cry: I also have had them long enough now to know they poo every time they get a bath and I really don't want poo on me. lol I think it is one of those ideas we both are best to get out of our heads. Oh well!!!

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
LOL I took franklin in the shower with me yesterday!! He was really confused but seems to like showers better than baths!!

I say go for it but beware of dragon scratches!!

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
Bloodpulse":2n0qjkhf said:
Yeah he's right, showers are a lot better, just don't put him near your private area :idea:

FOR THE RECORD HE RAN AROUND ON THE FLOOR. I was also scared of this happening. We had a long talk beforehand about "good touch" and "bad touch" and stuff like "no means no FRANKLIN!!" "What IS sexual harassment?"

Then he signed my "shower Terms of Service" and we went ahead and got down to business!

EccentricME

Hatchling Member
RandyMarsh":3s7erlg5 said:
Bloodpulse":3s7erlg5 said:
Yeah he's right, showers are a lot better, just don't put him near your private area :idea:

FOR THE RECORD HE RAN AROUND ON THE FLOOR. I was also scared of this happening. We had a long talk beforehand about "good touch" and "bad touch" and stuff like "no means no FRANKLIN!!" "What IS sexual harassment?"

Then he signed my "shower Terms of Service" and we went ahead and got down to business!

:laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard:

dragginfly

Original Poster
I haven't gotten all of my videos uploaded, but Ginger LOVES the water. She thinks she's a Water Dragon. Also I have to say that I never, ever leave her unattended, she's always within arm's reach when she is enjoying her bath/shower COMBO - sorry for the yelling she wanted me to stress here that she must have both at the same time in order to avoid me getting "the look"
I agree it would be a "hold the baby" situation more than anything, because that's how we roll around here anyway. Which would probably defeat the purpose of taking a bath, unless I wanted to sit in water while I held Ginger...which makes me wonder why I wanted to do this in the first place. And makes me think she'd just expect me to do so from now on during her bath's. (Ginger quietly shakes her head in agreement)
But, it was good for a laugh!!

Menolly07

Juvie Member
RandyMarsh":10sw388e said:

*dies*

We have a chemical free pool system. It's CO2 and copper based, very similar to large scale aquariums, and I plan to take Odahviing into it. Give her a pre-pool bath to encourage pooing then a nice pool swim with us. I figure a beardie 'play pen' will be awesome for after swim sunnings too, all that concrete to suck up heat and get some bake time on. So you're not crazy. Believe me. Bath time and shower time have both come to mind for us here too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheekypotato
Top Bottom