Young female laying eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namipulla

Hello!

My 11 months old female is laying eggs right now. She hasn't been in contact with a male at all so the eggs are infertile (I would NEVER try to breed such a young female). I couldn't believe she would do this so young but she was digging around maniacally so I gave her a box full of sand and she started digging a huge hole immediately. I'm a bit concerned since she's been laying for 2-3 hours now and is getting visible tired. She is still pushing. Should I give her fluids now to help her out? She doesn't seem to be disturbed by my precense at all.

Thanks for any advice!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....just let her finish. When she's done she should come out and start covering them. You can let her do it for a while, but then pull her away to save some energy then just put her back in her warm tank and give her water with an eyedropper or syringe. If she's caked with sand/dirt, put her in a warm bath where she will probably drink , and wash her off. Then pat her dry + put her in her warm tank. Some dragons will be restless after, still scratching around as if they are trying to cover eggs again, some will just lay around exhausted. She may eat right away, she may not, but she'll probably drink and return to normal [ hopefully, if she's a healthy girl ] pretty quickly.

Namipulla

Original Poster
Hi and thank you!

The thing is, she was pushing for nothing for an hour! She laid five eggs and then started to have difficulties and was getting really tired. It's past 10 pm here and the ER vet probably wouldn't know what to do with her. But I read some advice on another site and put her on a warm bath now and she successfully laid that one bothering egg! I hope it continues smoothly now.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Well that's a different story....if they are straining + nothing is happening it can be an emergency. Hopefully she'll be O.K., but keep an eye on her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom