young bearded dragons having sex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joel9293

Hey
I was just wondering how young bearded dragons can have sex cause i have a 4 month old one (Shenron) and another one that i dont know how old, im guessing less than a year (Mushu) and they just had sex theyve only known each other for about two days and now Shenron is lying on top of Mushu on the basking rock, can i have some info like will they get pregnant or anything relavant

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Separate them!

Your putting the female at risk by housing her with a male that wants to mate.

Bearded dragons do not do well housed together

Getting a female pregnant to young can cause a lot of health problems and even kill them..

Please please for the health and safety of your dragons please keep them in separate cages.

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Joel9293":fxqllr52 said:
And what if i only have lights for one tank?

Go buy more. If you cant, then divide their tank in half till you can, Make sure they can not see each other.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, unfortunately, you are going to have to separate them.
The male can injure himself & the female, if she gets pregnant too early can have her health be severely compromised.
Are they brother & sister?

Tracie

Joel9293

Original Poster
And what happens if she is pregnant, and also is it definate that theyre boy and girl cause i dont know what gender they are

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Joel9293":2sle7inn said:
And what happens if she is pregnant, and also is it definate that theyre boy and girl cause i dont know what gender they are

If you saw them having sex they yes.

Even if they where both girls or both boys you need to separate them as soon as you can

If shes pregnant, and she more than likely is, then you need to make her a lay box.

Joel9293

Original Poster
ah okay then well my girlfriend saw it and then we watched youtube vids and then she said it was different to what they were doing, still a chance they were having sex

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
If the 2nd dragon is only 4 months old I seriously doubt that any fertilization took place.

What can take place is the larger dragon eating the smaller dragon.

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
TheWolfmanTom":380p6son said:
If the 2nd dragon is only 4 months old I seriously doubt that any fertilization took place.

What can take place is the larger dragon eating the smaller dragon.

Haha I was waiting for you to jump into this thread Tom : )

Even if the dragons are male male, female female, or male female, the larger one can attack and kill the smaller one. Its not a pretty thing to watch.

It will take about 6 weeks if I remember right for her to lay.

Either way they need their own homes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom