You know you own a bearded dragon when......

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertIsis

-When you have a serious discussion with your SO about the necessity, feasibility, and budget of starting up a breeding colony of dubias or superworms or both.

-When your coworkers know your dragon's poop schedule better than their own.

-When you're upset because your SO/roommate made delicious spaghetti squash but didn't save any for the dragon!

-When you have to convince rentals to allow your exotic pet over all others because "most of those rules were made because of snakes, and she's not a snake and won't escape like that. Also, she hasn't learned to breath fire yet, so you should really let me keep my dragon." (actual reasons I have used with my past 3 rentals and it worked! Also, I have nothing against snakes, btw!)

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
When you walk in th epet store and they ask how the baby is doing.

When your family refers to a lizard as brother, sister, son, nephew, niece, and grand lizard/dragon/beardie.

when the sound of crickets are music to your ears, and you get excited over superworms turning into beetles so your beardie can have more food at less cost....but your family thinks you are weird.

Your daughter screams from the other side of the house and you calmly walk in , catch the superworm or other insect, and walk out like its a normal thing!!

Your kids fight more over who gets to hold the dragon than they do about who gets the last cookie!

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
your idea of fun on a Saturday night includes snuggling with your beardie in the Barcalounger, tiptoeing around to get your wine glass so you don't wake him

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
RockysMom":209ez9le said:
your idea of fun on a Saturday night includes snuggling with your beardie in the Barcalounger, tiptoeing around to get your wine glass so you don't wake him
When you yell at the kids for being loud while the beardie is sleeping.....:D

When your beardie becomes your new shirt pin.

When your mom automatically asks how the grand lizard is doing when you call and your dad makes weird jokes about beardie behavior. Yes my dad was laughing his arse off an dmaking "talk to the hand" jokes when i told them about the head down, arm up submissive pose.......

When you remark on how easy it is to get your beardie to behave and wonder why the same thing does not work on your human kids. Then theres an awkward pause from certain people because you said your beardie is your child.....:D

When you stumble around in the dark because you don't want to turn on the bedroom light otherwise it will disturb the sleeping dragon!

When talking to a lizard in a cute voice seems normal haha

When you hear a smack and know your beardie is fighting with her reflection again.

When you annoy your SO with countless pictures of your dragons.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
Georgeandoscar":2m4w0y1g said:
When you stumble around in the dark because you don't want to turn on the bedroom light otherwise it will disturb the sleeping dragon!

When talking to a lizard in a cute voice seems normal haha

When you talk in a normal voice then use a squeaky voice as if hes replying...and he turns his head about as if hes actually talking

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
christywoowoo":395hkm6z said:
When you hear a smack and know your beardie is fighting with her reflection again.

When you annoy your SO with countless pictures of your dragons.
When you hear a thunk skitter, thunk, skitter, and know without looking that hes jumping off his bridge and face planting into the tank glass over and over trying to get your attention....

Tehachopi

Not only is your phone filled with beardie pics but they are all of your beardie in odd positions like this
XnkEOHW.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom