YET AGAIN!!! >:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunnysHumanSlave

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So, my friend who is breeding says i get first pick of the clutch and she wants me to take 2 so at first i wasnt so sure about in but i am going to go ahead and get both just in case one doesnt make it which i dont see why it wouldnt i will have another little buddy. So could they be housed together for a bit until i could get another cage? I have to find a free or really cheap on maybe a trade or something because putting out another couple hundred will be hard since i have no job. (but i am looking)

SunnysHumanSlave

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well it would be like a forever thing and not for very long at all just until i find a cage and can separate them. Which would hopefully be only a week or two because i am trying to find a cage under $40 or like trade.

kankri

Well, they won't eat each other or anything but it'll likely stress them out and you'll possibly end up with nipped tails/toes.

Jaskotch

Juvie Member
SunnysHumanSlave":1ipxjbgl said:
So, my friend who is breeding says i get first pick of the clutch and she wants me to take 2 so at first i wasnt so sure about in but i am going to go ahead and get both just in case one doesnt make it which i dont see why it wouldnt i will have another little buddy. So could they be housed together for a bit until i could get another cage? I have to find a free or really cheap on maybe a trade or something because putting out another couple hundred will be hard since i have no job. (but i am looking)

Why does she want you to take two? As insurance against one not making it? Well, whatever the reason, it just doesn't sound like a good idea to me, sorry to say... when it comes to beardies, two cannot live as cheaply as one... nor can two be taken care of as easily as one. That's twice the food, twice the housing and fixtures, twice the cleanup, twice the electricity, etc, etc. At what age is she going to want you to take them? The workload goes up exponentially the younger they are. And, I think, the possibility for less than ideal outcome...

CamoLover

Hatchling Member
As long as its only for a week or two and you keep them really well fed they should be ok but there is always a possibility for nips.

herpgirl2510

Sub-Adult Member
SunnysHumanSlave":17zwr4hn said:
Petco paid for most of it yes but the vet said that the meds would have to be ordered and they were really expensive. By the time he could contact the place out 15day healthy thing would be over and they won't pay for that. He also said that the medication would possibly cause KIDNEY failure. So against better judgement I decided to let him go and don't think I will be getting another dragon until a later date.
I ended up going through the same thing with a petco dragon. I brought him back to get vet attention. He was so full of parasites and he was so tiny he did not end up making it. I bought one from a breeder and he ate on day one and has been chewing ever since. I would never get one from anyone but a reuteable breeder again. I would advise against getting two and putting them in the same enclosure I am surprised your breeder did not say this was a bad idea.

brittani299

Extreme Poster
It really depends on the pet store. Daisy is from petsmart and was is pretty health. The people that worked there tell me everything right except the UVB bulb.

kankri

You can check the individual pet store, but overall places like Petsmart and Petco have far less incentive to take good care of their animals - they're not targeting people who care, more for impulse buys. Most of the workers don't know anything about your new pet, their care sheets are entirely wrong, and they'll often point you towards bad products (heat rocks, calcium sand). And even if the above isn't true, they get their beardies in big wholesale shipments for the cheapest they can and then house them together in completely inappropriate conditions, which will definitely stress the poor guys out. I've never seen a happy looking beardie at any Petco/Petsmart I've ever been to.

AND, by buying at Petsmart/co you're paying for them to buy more reptiles to put out into the same conditions!

Breeders, on the other hand, there's plenty who are bad and have absolutely no idea what they're doing - but you can find out who they are and not buy from them! Generally, you can get feedback on them on the BOI at faunaclassifieds or other sites, and many of them have waaay better health guarantees and most of them are willing to give you plenty of advice. If they want business in the future, they have a reputation to uphold. There's more interesting morphs and colors for pretty much around the same Petsmart/co will charge you for a normal. The only negative I can see is that you have to pay for extra shipping.

So, overall, I'd definitely go with a breeder. :)

SunnysHumanSlave

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Why does she want you to take two? As insurance against one not making it? Well, whatever the reason, it just doesn't sound like a good idea to me, sorry to say... when it comes to beardies, two cannot live as cheaply as one... nor can two be taken care of as easily as one. That's twice the food, twice the housing and fixtures, twice the cleanup, twice the electricity, etc, etc. At what age is she going to want you to take them? The workload goes up exponentially the younger they are. And, I think, the possibility for less than ideal outcome...

Yes she wants me to take two more as an insurance. If i didnt want two i wouldnt take two and its still up in the air about it. I was planning on getting another BD anyways when i had sunny but then the whole thing with her liver and then Macklemore i wasnt sure i was going to get anymore. Also with her vet bills it kinda whipped out money for the cage. Then i sold some stuff and spent the money on cage items for Macklemore. I know it cost twice as much and its something i am willing to do we used to have 2 snakes and Sunny them my dad moved and he got rid of them. I know it will be harder to care for two but i know i am capable to take care of them both (if i get two). It really depend of if i have a job by the time they hatch. I dont know what age she wants me to take them i know a few days after they hatch i get to go and PICK which ones i want but i think it will be a couple weeks after that when i actually take them home. She is an animal rescue so she got her beardies through her work and they are tip top shape she has 4 beardies. 1 laid her eggs already and the other has another week or so. I know she wont give me sick dragons and thats what i want if i only get one then i only get one but if i get two i get two. I would never put them in harms way or harm them in anyway so thats why i am looking for another cage now and them being together is a last resort kind of thing. I still have at least 2 months to find another cage. The only other things i have to get are heat bulbs a uvb bulb and fixture but i have all the cage furnishings and heat lamp fixtures. So trust me when i say i know housing them together forever is not good but if i just need a week or two i think they should be fine besides i have a ten gallon tank i can put paper around and put in the larger cage until i find a bigger one either that or im going to split my 40 gallon down the middle and they can both have their own side.

SunnysHumanSlave

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
We are going to only get one. We decided since we are going to be putting our house on the market i dont have room for another cage.

Jaskotch

Juvie Member
the best advice i ever got: never live beyond your means.
sounds like you are thinking smart- hope you'll post when you have your new baby.

SunnysHumanSlave

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Folks that have a very wonderful residence plus a outstanding salary are not ordinarily observed on the cost-free internet sites. As long as they are unable to manage to be able to become a member of a site you then must ponder the reason why just in case that individual is perfect for coach factory outlet you. I know that I have spoken to people who tell me they cannot afford to pay to join a website for dating and they then go on to tell me they have no job, they cannot afford a phone, they cannot afford to http://coachfactoryoutlet2w.webs.com/ take someone out, they go to a charity shop to buy their clothes and so on. This is fine if this is your lifestyle to but for people who have a better lifestyle there is no need to get involved.A word of warning for females only. Women should beware of the men who want to rush them into meeting very quickly, they will get lots of such offers, usually from people who have a lot to hide or who are not fussy about who they spend time with. The chances are that the guy who is in a huge rush to meet you was saying the same thing to another woman an hour ago and a different one this morning. Either they are extremely cheap coach factory backpacks lonely and longing for some company - in which case wonder why - or they are simply not bothered about what you are like or your personality or how compatible you are, which makes the either very stupid, married, only seeking a quick fling or desperate.
You should be sure you include voiced to be able to these people intended for a while prior to deciding to match rather than just on the net yet on the cellular phone also. Steer connected with virtually any guy who affirms he's not necessarily became a normal http://cheapcoachfactorybackpacks2i.webs.com/ land line phone at home or is never able to take your calls straight away evenings or weekends. Likewise be suspicious if he is usually unable to meet up then and wants to meet you for just an hour or so during the day.Profiles should be honest. They have a right to know that you are divorced but they do not have a right to immediately know why and how long for. You are competing with thousands of people on the same site coach factory outlet so you have to shine out over and above the others. Do not tell lies in order to make yourself sound more successful or exciting. Pretending to be much younger or saying you own a successful business when you do not will only backfire later and watch out for the others online that do that.

This is an forum for bearded dragons not a dating site.... Just sayin.
Also I have seen other other post of yours and this is all i have seen you post just in different words so yeah. Not trying to be mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom