Yellowish beard and chest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushe

Hello, so I was looking at Papua (my female bearded dragon, she is about 6 months old), and I noticed some light yellow underneath is beard and chest. I was wondering what this could possible be. I did some research and found the Yellow fungus disease, but I also saw some posts about the same issue. Those posts were talking about the natural color of the bearded dragon, that at some age they start to adquire a predominant color. I think that second case is what papua is going throw and not Yellow fungus disease. As you can see, I'm not an expert. This is my first pet, and consequently my first bearded dragon.

Talking about her, she looks awesome comparing to the first few weeks after acquiring her. She was slim, I did a post some months ago about her because she wasn't eating much, but was active. Now she eats like a lion, devour all the insects a give her and she keeps being active too.

I'm sorry if I am taking your time, but as I said, I'm not an expert and just looking for professional help or an experienced person.

I will post some photos, some tend to look more yellowish but it is just the effect of the terrarium light.

This is her in the first weeks
94419-1735445126.jpg
her now
94419-3853787850.jpg
94419-7479180060.jpg
94419-9856487135.jpg
and the yellowish beard and chest
94419-3795959074.jpg
94419-9832768389.jpg

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
Hello, welcome to the forum, and no, you're not wasting anyone's time. Your dragon looks fine, that looks like normal coloring, possibly a shed coming on, but definitely not "Yellow Fungus" or any other type of fungal infection. "Yellow Fungus" does appear as bright yellow patches/areas, but they are very rough and look almost like scabby areas, you can definitely tell that something is wrong. It involves more than just the yellow coloring...he looks good.

Sushe

Original Poster
Oh great! I just didn't know what it was and so I did a research but to have a better conclusion I decided to ask. Thanks for your response and information! Best regards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom