Yellow Toe

nic2020

Original Poster
my girl hurt herself glass surfing (both of her front “thumbs”) and both toes have a yellow hue to them. i’m not sure if it’s from soaking in a betadine solution or if it’s yellow fungus or an infection????? this toe is the one that concerns me the most since it has some swelling still. the vet took x-rays and there was no break just some soft tissue swelling. she’s otherwise acting fine. her toe seems like it’s bent awkwardly now and she does shake her foot if i run my finger across her toe so it does cause discomfort for her. the vet gave her anti inflammatory 2 weeks ago but it’s still like this. i’ve already gone to the vet twice and it’s becoming expensive while getting no answers. any advice ???

Attachments

• BB509A27-3B8F-4AF0-B97A-F3C81221461F.jpeg
    BB509A27-3B8F-4AF0-B97A-F3C81221461F.jpeg
    166.2 KB · Views: 92

nic2020

Original Poster
my girl hurt herself glass surfing (both of her front “thumbs”) and both toes have a yellow hue to them. i’m not sure if it’s from soaking in a betadine solution or if it’s yellow fungus or an infection????? this toe is the one that concerns me the most since it has some swelling still. the vet took x-rays and there was no break just some soft tissue swelling. she’s otherwise acting fine. her toe seems like it’s bent awkwardly now and she does shake her foot if i run my finger across her toe so it does cause discomfort for her. the vet gave her anti inflammatory 2 weeks ago but it’s still like this. i’ve already gone to the vet twice and it’s becoming expensive while getting no answers. any advice ???
wanted to add that some skin just came off of her toe and it still looks like this. i’ve been soaking in betadine solution on and off for a month now

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
wanted to add that some skin just came off of her toe and it still looks like this. i’ve been soaking in betadine solution on and off for a month now
Either it's shed which they will swell and turn colors or it's possible she has snagged it on a hammock if there is one or carpet in the tank-- infection would be black

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It also could have been swollen due to stuck shed, and now that it's done shedding it might go back to normal. Keep an eye on it but if it doesn't get better, a vet visit might be in order.

-Brandon

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is odd the color is still off, even after shedding. Have you used any antibiotic ointment on it
yet, maybe try that to see if it helps. I am not sure if it's infected but hopefully not. As Brandon
suggested, a vet visit might be needed if it doesn't improve for him.

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom