Yellow teeth

alyssa2704

Hi all, my beardie as quite yellow/brown teeth. He is 6 years old and doesn’t go out his way to eat salad. The only way I can get salad in him is gut loading his bugs + gently putting some greens in his mouth whilst he is chewing on bugs (that’s if he doesn’t spit them out.) I have tried everything to get him to eat salad from using bee pollen to cutting his veg in strips and moving them about so he might think they're worms. You name it, I’ve tried it.
So is his yellow/brown teeth normal for a beardie who doesn’t eat greens probably as often as he should? And is his yellow gums an issue? He used to have pink gums but in the 6 months i’ve noticed they are now yellow. Can vets clean their teeth? I’m just worried he might somehow get mouth rot.

Attachments

• IMG_2639.jpg
    IMG_2639.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi all, my beardie as quite yellow/brown teeth. He is 6 years old and doesn’t go out his way to eat salad. The only way I can get salad in him is gut loading his bugs + gently putting some greens in his mouth whilst he is chewing on bugs (that’s if he doesn’t spit them out.) I have tried everything to get him to eat salad from using bee pollen to cutting his veg in strips and moving them about so he might think they're worms. You name it, I’ve tried it.
So is his yellow/brown teeth normal for a beardie who doesn’t eat greens probably as often as he should? And is his yellow gums an issue? He used to have pink guns but in the 6 months i’ve noticed they are now yellow. Can vets clean their teeth? I’m just worried he might somehow get mouth toy.
His teeth look ok to me I can have CooperDragon take a look
@CooperDragon

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It does look like there is a bit of brown buildup on the teeth. They look like they're in decent shape for now, but you might want to try giving them a clean with some MaxiGuard gel on a q-tip and see if that helps. It's an oral cleanser that may help prevent decay or infection. Keep an eye on them though and if the brown spots increase or the gums start to look inflamed, have a vet take a look. An experienced vet can usually clean them up pretty well and treat any infected tissue as needed.

alyssa2704

Original Poster
It does look like there is a bit of brown buildup on the teeth. They look like they're in decent shape for now, but you might want to try giving them a clean with some MaxiGuard gel on a q-tip and see if that helps. It's an oral cleanser that may help prevent decay or infection. Keep an eye on them though and if the brown spots increase or the gums start to look inflamed, have a vet take a look. An experienced vet can usually clean them up pretty well and treat any infected tissue as needed.
Thank you, how often should I try cleaning them? :)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Probably not too often. It doesn't usually go over well with them so just as needed. You can try more often if he doesn't seem stressed out if he resists a lot, maybe just once every month or couple of months as needed.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom