Yellow fungus

Status
Not open for further replies.
85457-4318447989.jpg

Hi,
We went on vacation and we boarded our dragon for 5 days at the reptile store we bought her. When I picked her up she was gray and tail was shedding. Her face started to shed as well. Now she has yellow around her mouth. Just wondering if it looks normal because it seems bright yellow. She's eating normally and using the bathroom normally.

Thanks, Layla

DaisyDragon123

Sub-Adult Member
Is this the color right after face shed?

Have you given her any food that could have stained her?

Have you tried gently washing her face to see if it is a stain?

Hopefully some one else will chime. But just in case discontinue bathing (if you do bathe your lizard) and make sure cage humidity is not too high.

You can try some Lamisil ointment, but if it is YF you will need to consult an experienced reptile vet about treatment options, there are mainly two drugs currently bring used for YF and both are harsh. I'm sure others will post shortly with recommendations.

Be sure you keep her cage really clean.

Layla72372

Original Poster
Yes, this is the color right after shedding. We don't have any water in her viv. She has a appointment to see the vet April 18. Should I get in sooner?

DaisyDragon123

Sub-Adult Member
Is this a vet with reptile experience? I don't think it would hurt to move it up. Did you tell the office about the yellow patch? I'm not sure how fast it spreads but if the vet is experienced with it his office should be able to advise if an earlier appointment is necessary.

Layla72372

Original Poster
Yes, the vet is a reptile vet. I just called and the earliest I could get in is April 4. Would there be any other symptoms if it is yellow fungus?
Thank you,
Layla

DaisyDragon123

Sub-Adult Member
That last picture looks like normal coloration. Hopefully some others will post and comment on all the pictures. As far as symptoms, all I can tell you is just to read the link. YF, and not saying that it is, is one of those things the earlier caught the better before it progresses to internal damage and secondary infections.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would definitely get it tested because if it is YF it's in early stages and can likely be treated. In the meantime I'd play it safe. Avoid bathing, sanitize everything in the enclosure very well. And put some topical anti-fungal medication on the area to help curb the spread. Hopefully it's just discoloration from shed but better to play it on the safe side and have a skin test done.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It looks like she's going in to shed again and her body+ face are grey except her nose area. I think that's her normal color ?? I'm 99.9 % sure.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Layla, I zoomed in on those pics....his body's in shed + face is not. That would be his natural color. :) You can even see a tiny patch of shed coming loose under his eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom